Well today I went out and ended up coming home with a new (to me) Yamaha v star 1300. So now I have my ctx 700 and a 1300 V Star....and the wife said...What the f....
And I said "lucky I did not come home with a new DCT Goldwing. "

I had been talking about getting a new bike for a few weeks, and out of the blue my wife says "You should just get the goldwing". And I was like do you have a fever, feeling sick, who the hell are you and what did you do with my wife....lol. We are talking spending $25K here dear...and she said..just get it....

I do like my ctx but I was never happy with it and kept trying to fix the things I do not like about it.Then, last week I was going over the Mid Hudson Bridge, this is not that long and my wife was behind me ( a few cars back), about dead center on the bridge, a wind came out of no where, moved the bike ( i think the front and rear wheels came off the road) I was picked up and moved from the east line into the west line. There was nothing I could do about it, in a flash I was facing oncoming cars......and my wife was right there to see it all.

After landing I rode back to my lane as fast as I could, that oncoming car did see me and braked just in time has my paint leg just touched the side of his car as I returned to my line. I pulled over just after getting off the bridge. Cars that where behind me stopped and said to me For sure we thought you where going to hit that car and go over the side of the bridge, one guy was a cop on his way to work and he called it in "motorcycle hit car", my wife pulled behind me and said "never have a seen anyone save there own life like you just did, you are one hell of a rider". She never liked that I ride, but deals with it, for over 30 years now.

Anyway when I went out today and happened to see this 1300 for sell, got to talking with the owner, did a test ride and said what the hell. Now I have the 1300 for longer rides, highways and bridges and for now I will keep the ctx700 for my shorter, back road riding (just keep taken butt stops every 1/2 hour). No matter what I do I can not fix the light weight of the ctx or the feeling that if I hit a good pot hole that is going to end my day. And who knows maybe I will just sell them both and get that Goldwing...lol...

Happy summer, ride safe.