Members how you doing- what are you up too?

MJC

Super Moderator
Good for Mike, glad to see he is out there. Best thing he can do is try. May not be "motorcycle" but the wind is the same.

ponydrvr

Way to go Mike! I'm not far behind you in needing to change my riding mode. I've been looking at Slingshots and Spyders also. My preference would be the Slingshot right now. The good thing is that both alternates are classified as motorcycles.

Woodswoman

Way to go Mike! I'm not far behind you in needing to change my riding mode. I've been looking at Slingshots and Spyders also. My preference would be the Slingshot right now. The good thing is that both alternates are classified as motorcycles.

One of my riding friends broke his hip very badly a few years ago after falling on winter ice. He just admitted he can't safely hold up a bike any longer, and he traded his for a Slingshot, and is having a lot of fun, I hear. Hoping to get a ride in it someday; I admit I am curious.

Today is all about our God-daughter's high school graduation and subsequent party. If the weather holds tomorrow, I'll get to take Mike's new Spyder out for a spin myself!

Woodswoman

New experience: Today I took a ride on the back of Mike's Spyder. :)

I've taken his machine out myself, for just a few miles, and realized that I have to go back to school on it. I need a parking lot and some time to get the feel for it.

Meanwhile, Mike has ridden it 700 or 800 miles, and is definitely getting the hang of making it do what he wants. So he was ready for me to try that passenger seat.

Enjoyable experience. Some years ago, I rode on the back of a friend's Spyder RT, and wasn't all that thrilled. But somehow the Spyder F3 "fits" me better. The seating position felt much more natural, and the peg position was perfect. I felt like I knew what I had to do to participate in the ride, and not just hang on.

I'm pretty pleased that we now have another option for riding together.

Steven

What am I doing... ? I wish I knew. :) I'm glad to see everyone else is around.

Getting into wood working. Too hot in the garage right now. The most important discovery about wood is that there is no such thing as a straight piece of wood... So I made all my rulers/straightedge crooked to match. Now everything fits perfectly.

Still riding the bike. I've slowed down a bit because I was having to replace the tire too often (too expensive)... nearing 30k miles. I figure about 10k+ miles from each set of tire. I still love the CTX!!!

Still taking the occasional picture. Here is one I just took.

park pond-HDR small.jpg

Steven

Here is a night shot of the other photo for your enjoyment... (photoshopped) (The other one was not)

park pond night  ripples 3 small.jpg