What you going to do in 2018?

Androven56

Planning on doing at least two multi day trips. One to friends in Michigan and one to South Carolina for the mountains and maybe parts of Blue Ridge. I live about 3 hours from Athens Ohio so that is on my list as a 2 day short trip.

ponydrvr

.....Also, I'd really like to lap Kentucky with pony et al. I love lapping states. ......:)

The pending time frame for LOK this year is either 9/20-23 or 9/27-30. It will be a CCW ride so will be Thursday departure and a Sunday finish. One of our members suggested we do a Blue Ridge area ride this year and move the LOK to next year. Regardless, either one will take place one of those two weekends.

BTW: The years we do CW rides the event starts on Saturday and finishes on Tuesday. The timing is so we avoid the heavy trucks hauling coal and lumber during the week in eastern Kentucky. Little roads vs BIG trucks vs motorcycles! :eek: And lots of'em!

ponydrvr

Here's the web site for the Windy (pronounced Wine-dee) Nine.

http://athensohio.com/category/wheretoplay/ohios-windy-9/

I heard about it via some advertising in RoadRunner magazine. Looks intriguing: You base in one location (Athens, Ohio), then take advantage of the recommended loop rides. You can get a free map, and you can download free route files to pop into your GPS device.

My rider group went to this part of Ohio 2 years ago, expressly to ride the Triple Nickel (Ohio Route 555). I couldn't make it. Everyone said the riding was indeed very fine.

I am embarrassed to say that I had no idea there were much of any good riding roads in Ohio and I grew up in Bucyrus, Crawford County, Ohio. Lived there 16 years till I went off to college in Louisville. I think the "Windy 9" will make a good three day trip.