Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Professor! Retirement suits me, as I have been fighting a severe case of chronic laziness for as long as I can remember!
    I decided to go with the N version so I could dress it to suit me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxman View Post
    I tried being serious once. It was for about 20 minutes in the eighties.
    Welcome!
    One of my favorite shirts was a gift from the kids, it says "Great Father, cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

No, at this point my biggest problem with the CTX700 is trying to find Heelys with enough ankle support to double as riding boots.

I know exactly what you mean. If I could find the right shoes and then convince the weatherman that it's actually supposed to be spring I will have conquered some major life issues!

Welcome Saxman from another N model owner. Look forward to your posts and pictures. Its always nice to see what other people are doing with their rides.
    CTX700ND DCT/ABS

Quote Originally Posted by 12MANY View Post
    Welcome Saxman from another N model owner. Look forward to your posts and pictures. Its always nice to see what other people are doing with their rides.
    Thanks for the welcome 12MANY!
    As I mentioned earlier, like many in this forum I bought the N so I could trick it out to suit me.
    Helped by the valuable info from the great posts here, I have so far installed the mini boards, the Fehling backrest with rack and carry bag, and the Madstad arrives tomorrow. As soon as I can wrap my feeble mind around the photo upload process, I will post some progress-so-far pics.
    Ride safely and often!
    Last edited by Saxman; 04-02-2018 at 10:15 PM.

I keep waiting to post pic’s because I always have something in the works and I want to wait till its done to capture it but it is never done!!! I would say half of the enjoyment of owning the bike is finding people who have figured out how to add to the bike to make it their own. I just posted a couple of pics in the gallery for the first time and it is not so hard you just have to enable JAVA to unlock the upload button. I would advise that the first thing you should invest in is the shop manual. The bike is so easy to maintain yourself you can save hundreds of dollars doing the maintenance yourself and know it was done right. This is where I got mine and it was worth every penny. http://www.service-shop-repair-manua...repair-manual/
    CTX700ND DCT/ABS

Thanks for the link 12MANY. Having owned a few bikes in my colorful past I am fortunate to be able to do a lot of the work already, so investing in the shop manual seems like a logical next step.
    Last edited by Saxman; 04-02-2018 at 10:13 PM.