Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  30
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who rode today?

Northern Catskill Mountains, upstate New York

Who rode today?

OK, guys and gals -- it was crazy warm in these parts today. Who got out for a ride?

I stayed on 4 wheels today, as my road is still a hot mess of sand and salt. But, boy, it made me wistful to hear all those bike motors out and about.

Sad thing, though: In the city where I work in the Hudson Valley, riders were everywhere -- motoring over streets that the city highway department had brined in anticipation of tomorrow's predicted ice and snow. Back to February's reality. <Sighhhh>
    2014 Honda CTX700ND, "Flicker"
    ------------------------------------------------
    Former rides
    Cruisers: Victory Cross Roads, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic, Suzuki Boulevard C50, Suzuki Marauder 800
    Scooters: Suzuki Burgman 650, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Elite 80

I got to ride a little on Sunday, but it’s freezing rain last night, this morning and this evening. So, it will be a little while before next time.
    2015 CTX700ND
    Madstad Windshield
    Corbin Standard Seat
    Hepco and Becker center stand
    Fehling Crash bars
    Breakaway Throttle Lock
    Hepco and Becker Lock-it side carrier
    Hepco and Becker 42L Journey side cases
    Hepco and Becker Sissy bar and back rack

Did 120 miles today, to jupiter and back for lunch....... interstates still clogged here with snowbirds down for the winter, another 45 days and roads will be fun again.....

Used a new jacket, a tourmaster draft air -series 3 - not as flow thru as i would have liked, a bit hot- compared to my joe rocket/honda jacket
    Last edited by Glen e; 02-21-2018 at 08:09 PM.
    Glen
    2016 CTX DCT
    2015 PCX 150
    2018 HR-V

Didn't ride today due to an all day rain. So Just piddled in the garage and worked on a mod to the bike lift.

Didn't ride today due to an all day rain. So Just piddled in the garage and worked on a mod to the bike lift. It's supposed to rain through Sunday with total accumulation of 4-6 inches. We got 1"+ today, raining now and all night.

Didn't ride... too many pot holes in lower NY. Set the warmest in February since the weather organization began. The temp was 78 degrees, 10 more than previous history.

Discount everyone from CA and the South. Rat b******ds they are for getting out! Lol!
    Last edited by casper; 02-23-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Got out on Tuesday and it was great! Did only about 75 miles but it was nice to get back in the saddle again. Gave the C a good wash afterwards and lubed the chain.

Northern Catskill Mountains, upstate New York
    A fresh 2 inches of snow yesterday, and freezing rain today. Yep, it's still February in the Catskills.

Sighhhhh....

But the days are definitely getting longer.
    2014 Honda CTX700ND, "Flicker"
    ------------------------------------------------
    Former rides
    Cruisers: Victory Cross Roads, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic, Suzuki Boulevard C50, Suzuki Marauder 800
    Scooters: Suzuki Burgman 650, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Elite 80

And we in Louisville got another 2" of rain today. Someone translate that to snowfall equivalent? The Ohio River is causing major flood damage here but others along the way have even bigger flood issue than we here. More rain expected tomorrow, so far we are at a solid 6" from this storm. The oly good thing is that it has been steady but not hard at any time but once.