corbin seat and back rest 700D

anybody running one review,s like,s or dislike,s

Check out the Forum section Ron, or use the search function for the Corbin seat. You will find several threads discussing this seat.

We'd be happy to hear of your experience with the seat if you have installed one.

Last edited:

MJC

Super Moderator
I had a Corbin seat on my Nomad, and loved it. I have a ctx700 2014, on the 2015 the factory seat is about 1" closer to handlebars. So I asked Corbin to make me a seat, and asked then where the backrest would be, like the 2014 or closer like the 2015, said I wanted it back like the 2014. Corbin sent the seat, and the backrest was too close, guess was they made it like the stock 2015 seat, it was also 2" higher then stock. Too high for me and the backrest made me feel pushed forward. I sent it back with photos and asked them to remake it.

They sent me the lower corbin, which was about the same height has the stock seat, but still the backrest was too close. The seat had a pocket that you sat in, which with the backrest, I felt like I was on the (fake) gas tank, no room for the boys, if you know what I mean. I sent it back. And they did not try to adjust it just refunded my cash.

I ended up making a custom seat, using a old Corbin seat I had, used the backrest part and put it into a new pan, making the seat 4" wider, added the padding etc, and a Corbin backrest. I asked Corbin if I was to send it to them, would they like to see how it was made, and they could use it to make seats for them to sell. All I asked in return was for them to make a nicer cover for my seat. Corbin said NO.

I am fine with the seat I made but after dealing with Corbin I would not buy a seat from them again. I had got maybe 5 seats from them before this one.

If I had to buy a seat today, I would go with Day Long, they make a seat based on you, your size, and where you want to sit on that seat. Only $200 more then Corbin and it is a custom made for you seat.

Depending why you want a new seat, you could mod your factory seat, or make your own, for $100 to $150. It is not that hard if you reuse the cover. If you do not need a backrest, Take the cover off, remove the padding, there is a hump when sitting on the bike, just about at your tail bone, cut that out of the pan, fill in with thin metal, add padding in that spot, put the stock padding back on, cover and go for a ride. 90% of the CTX700 seats that I have fixed, that did the trick. If not cut out the soft padding, about 1" deep, get 1" thick padding that is more firm, (like Corbin uses) add that in, shape it, and recover with stock cover. Should be good to go. Now if you need a backrest, that can be done but it will cost you $200 more, and you will need to re-make a new cover, at that point go with Day Long, has the cost will be about the same.

just my 2 cents, mj

Glen e

I have the corbin(high) and very satisfied. It took about 1000 miles to get it broke in and perfect. I have had a few Sargent seats in the past and the Corbin fits better:

Brunnka_CTX

I have the Corbin standard of high seat. I've got about 10000 miles on it and I like it a lot. I just added the back rest and was able to take it out for a ride with it today. I believe it is going to work out just fine. Best of luck with your ride.Personnal-7302.jpgPersonnal-7298.jpg

I could sell you my corbin backrest. I took it around the block once and never used it again. Send me a PM if interested.

It's a good backrest but my back arches a lot and it doesn't make contact while I'm holding the bars.

randy1149

Gents very nice with the saddle bags. As you know if you drop the bike the saddle bags are the first thing to hit the ground... and that's not good. Here's a post (LINK) installing rear guards that will protect the bags and get them from TRex Racing (LINK).

Last edited:

12MANY

Gents very nice with the saddle bags. As you know if you drop the bike the saddle bags are the first thing to hit the ground... and that's not good. Here's a post (LINK) installing rear guards that will protect the bags and get them from TRex Racing (LINK).

Could you give me a measurement off the rear foot peg on how far they stick out. I have the GIVI E22N bags on home made brackets and it looks like I would need at least around 6 inches off the rear peg.TREX2.JPG

randy1149

12MANY It's 6-1/2" off the peg as you measured it on your pix. The bars come with end pieces with holes that you can use to extend the out reach with a nut and bolt as an example. See it on the aforementioned LINK. I installed a little reflector on it.

Glen e, depending on the terrain. if the bike falls on the right side the muffler can also become damaged along with the bags

I don't have front bars because with the rear bars and extended out floorboards the bike falls with no damage.

Last edited:

Woodswoman

I keep looking at these bars, and wondering whether they'd fit with the EDGE saddlebags I've got mounted on JFC's brackets.

My husband dropped my bike while trying to get it up on the d*mned center stand, and the EDGE bags held up the bike. But dresser bars are a lot more reliable, IMO.

MJC

Super Moderator
I keep looking at these bars, and wondering whether they'd fit with the EDGE saddlebags I've got mounted on JFC's brackets.

My husband dropped my bike while trying to get it up on the d*mned center stand, and the EDGE bags held up the bike. But dresser bars are a lot more reliable, IMO.

I have a set of bars seating here, if you want drop by and see if they would work for ya. Or you can have Mike come by and pick them up and bring them to your home. If they work keep them if not bring them back whenever. PM me for phone and address. Home all the time.
mj

Last edited:

Woodswoman

Thanks, buddy, that's most neighborly of you!

BTW, I have not forgotten that I promised to give you my stupid center stand. When 'Flicker' goes to the shop for a Spring oil change, I'll have the stand removed and will arrange to get it to you somehow.