Northern California touring...

rickster

To begin, I apologize to all of you still dealing with snow, ice and road salt this early February. But, here out west we've had high temps in the low to mid 70's for over a week. The sun is shinin' the birds are singin' and my bike got out of the shop with the valves adjusted, new brake pads and a new set of Dunlop Roadsmart III's. I just couldn't resist. Neither could Mrs. Rickster...in fact doing a short tour was her idea...

P1030223.jpg
One of the objectives for the trip was to see the mustard plants which grow under the grapevines at this time of year. The yellow flowers make the vineyards in the Napa Valley sparkle.

P1030204.jpg
Old vine this and old vine that...you want gnarly? They've got gnarly!!!

P1030219.jpg
I hadn't had breakfast when we left home and a stop at Gotts Roadside in St. Helena in the Napa Valley was just what I needed.

P1030239.jpg
When done with lunch we headed for the coast and Bodega Bay. It's a great spot to explore. There are a lot of great roads to ride nearby, plenty of hiking opportunities and some neat restaurants always seem to call our names.

Dave-Marian Hall-2.jpg
We spent one night in Bodega Bay before heading home via Ukiah and Clear Lake. We also met another motorcycling couple from Eugene, Oregon. One of the things I like about motorcycle touring is meeting people along the way, and this couple, Marian and Dave (the two on the right) are just about the nicest people one could ever encounter while traveling.

Last edited:

MJC

Super Moderator
Looks like you had a great time. I am under snow and cloudy sky's but like to see what is coming my way soon.

Keep the photos coming,
mj