Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

seems some folks are gone?

I noticed a recent and very active member has departed this forum and rejoined another saying it is the best CTX forum.
    Seems he also deleted many of his posts.
    Wonder what's up with that?
    More than childish in my opinion.
    There was a flurry of activity by some other new people which made for good reading.
    I hope they will stay active here. I suspect they got PM's urging them to abandon ship. I truly hope they don't.
    I know I got a PM telling me how this guy (the departed one) was a good buddy of a mod at the other place and what a great guy that mod is and how the departed member was going to "... do what I could to knock down any negative comments that anyone here has for him, R-13, or the other forum."
    I agree we don't need to bash the other place but many of us here are here because of the bullying and misleading info (downright lies in some cases) that we experienced there. And that's why we prefer things here.
    Anybody know why the one guy took his ball and glove and went away?
    Maybe it's an example of the mods "my way or the highway" attitude on the other forum.
    If so, it's OK-we don't need that here.
    Last edited by ofdave; 01-21-2018 at 04:10 AM.
    '14N
    keep your word, no excuses

I had about 700 posts over a couple years on another CTX700 site before I was made aware of this site, thanks Dave! I look forward to sharing on both! I like improving the CTX700's value, prolonging the longevity and adding to the great Honda history!

Jimmy H.
    AKA Spirit 4

hey, good to have you here!
    Your attitude is what this place is about.
    '14N
    keep your word, no excuses

Well, People do things for a reason. Some come here looking for info on there new bikes, others get invited by existing members, some hear about this forum on FB, etc.

I came here as a guest when this forum started (within a few months of), and there was not much here, checked out the Other Forum and wanted to asked questions so I became a member there. I also started looking at the FB pages. In time I got my CTX, and when I started posting about mods I was doing, that one Mod would keep telling me, he had done that too and his way was the right way. Sometimes if he did not do a mod he would still stay how it should be done. He also would say things that I know for a fact would end up getting people hurt or damage there bike. I read post after post where members would say things looking for ways to do things or about what they had done and sooner or later that Mod was all over them. I also noticed that the other Mod would fight with him, I do not know if that was for ratings/fun or just trying to set the record straight. To me that is very childish. On one knows everything about everything and if they think they do, IMO, you should not be a Mod.

I see, The other Mod, sells brackets that will allow you to mount pretty much any kind of aftermarket saddlebag you want. Not sure if they are any good but heard they are. I do not think selling brackets is a bad thing, but I feel that if you are going to you should not also be the Mod of the forum you sell them from. JMO

So, Why would someone want to come to this forum and ".. knock down any negative comments that anyone here has for him( bracket seller guy) or other (know it all) Mod, or the other forum". ?
    ofdave, you said it, he is friends with one of them, maybe not knowing or agreeing with what his friend says or does. He is/was just trying to be a good will, lets all get a long guy. Maybe he just wanted to help make this forum he wished the other forum could be, and did not like people having negative feelings for his friend and thought he could help.

Just my view, I maybe wrong, that is how I see it or care too.

I am a member here and sometimes over at that other forum, on a few facebook CTX pages and will stay that way. I can overlook things I read at that other forum and on facebook but not here. Here I can ask or say anything, offer my opinion, give advice, take advice and not worry about it being wrong or fighting with me because I have a opinion or ask dump things.

We can all get a long, no need to pick sides, go against each other, share what you know, ask what you want. On FB, that other forum, or here.

You can have one you like more then the other, and find a place you feel at home, but it is always nice to visit other places.

have a nice day.
    Last edited by MJC; 01-21-2018 at 04:51 PM.

No. No pm's were sent to jump this ship, that I'm aware of. Nor any attempt to trash this site over the other. Perhaps it was just a matter of minds not meeting. No big deal, really. There's more than enough interesting comments for at least two forums to exist. Neither one is superior. Just different.

6. Thanks BobWitte thanked for this post
    Likes BobWitte liked this post
    Considering the history on the evolution between these 2 CTX700 forums, I can only derive from members who quit and remove their post had ulterior motives which did not pan out.

My response is good by & good luck... if the door hit's your ass on the way out... so much the better.

The person that left got into a scuffle with someone else here, leave it at that.
    Glen
    2016 CTX DCT
    2015 PCX 150
    2018 HR-V

9. Likes Woodswoman liked this post
    In post #4 I said "We can all get a long, no need to pick sides, go against each other.." That is how I feel. anyone can come here or go there has a guest, you do not have to be a member. Most people will come has a guest and look at posts to get a idea if they want to join. I would not like to think that if I joined a group and members there where talking about other forums, pass members etc, I would join. Lets not become that forum.

All are welcome here! JMO. And all past members are welcome back, no need to pick sides. Maybe some people will not but that should be there call. What is the deference if they sign in has a member or just come has a guest, if they want to come they can, lets keep it that way, and not put out posts that would push new/old members away.

I hope it gets warm soon so we can get out and ride,
    mj
    Last edited by MJC; 01-21-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Looks to me like this forum is just less intimidating to post on. I still visit the other forum and post, but I like the vibe here much more and am happy that some more folks are joining. It is not a competition. All forums are resources for interested people. I have certainly been frustrated at the tone that is set by mods at the other site. It can get pretty nasty sometimes and it does no one any good. I think it would be great to have two terrific forums because sharing wisdom, experiences and helping each other is what it is all about.

12. Thanks Professor*76, Woodswoman thanked for this post
    Likes ofdave liked this post
    Maybe I know. I just noticed he gave me a dislike on my introduction post. I was never invited over to here, just came on my own. Daddydave asked me to please keep things positive. The first thing I saw was the sticky “How did you find this site” and fresh from the other site figured this is where it is permissible to complain about the other site which I did. Not long afterword I realized that I had just become what I had complained about them to be and am sorry I did that. No excuse, my mistake. He also asked that if I had any ideas to make the site better feel free to make suggestions and below is the one I made word for word.

“One observation, when I first looked at this forum last year I read through the sticky thread ”How did you find this site”. After reading the negative comments contained within about the other forum I looked at the other which had more traffic and at first blush could see nothing wrong there so I joined that one. I figured why do I want to join a forum full of disgruntled people with low traffic. You might do well to promote this site better to potential subscribers in a positive way would be to close the thread so it doesn’t keep coming up and dragging the negative comments for people passing through to read with it. New subscribers from the other site will see the sticky first like I did again when I subscribed and feel compelled to chime in with even more negative comments which doesn’t promote this site well and turn people contemplating subscribing off.”

Apparently the suggestion did not go over well!! I sincerely think he wanted to make a new home here and make the forum more attractive to perspective subscribers, nothing more. I harbor no ill will towards him or anyone else for that matter. But I do think I still get bragging rights to being the only subscriber with a “dislike” on their welcome / introduction post.

14. Likes kujawskir, casper liked this post