Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Accepting applications for Moderator Positions

Hello everyone. We are starting to grow and being the only Admin/Mod on the site on top of keeping everything running is too much for one person.

So, if you are interested in helping out reply to this thread explaining why you would be a good choice and if you have had previous moderator experience post the site you were / are a moderator on.

I will keep the thread open for 5 or so days and then I will take all the names and we will have the membership vote on who becomes the mod.

I think 3 moderators for now should do until we grow more. So the members with the top 4 most votes will get the position.

The moderators job will be to ensure the membership follows the site rules posted here.............. http://www.ctx700-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744

Cheers!

2. Likes DaddyDave liked this post
    Admin- perhaps you could elaborate on what you expect of a moderator.....just to delete spam?

If it is just that, I’ll do that.

I own a forum website with 10,000 members, and have been a mod at a major car site. Please pm me if interested.
    Glen
    2016 CTX DCT
    2015 PCX 150

I think it is more then to delete spam.

The moderators job will be to ensure the membership follows the site rules. I copied this from the forum rules list:

Moderation Rules:

1. All spammers get banned instantly and permanently.
    2. Inappropriate or out of hand threads shall be closed with a reason posted for the closure or deleted at the discretion of the Mods/Admins.

Rules Enforcement:

1. If you cannot follow the rules set forth, your posts may be deleted, removed, or edited by the Moderators.

2. If you repeatedly do not follow the rules set forth, you will be banned from this section or from the CTX700-Forum for any length of time from 2 days to permanently, at the discretion of the Moderators.

NOTE: These rules can change at any time. Administrators and Moderators have the right to make any decision that fits the website and its users.

5. Thanks admin thanked for this post
    A note to another member suggests otherwise and the admin is just looking for a mod to delete spam. I clearly know what a mod does on other sites. This may be a diff deal per the admin.
    Glen
    2016 CTX DCT
    2015 PCX 150

I nominate Woodswoman
    she has experience
    she is reasonably level headed
    she brings good viewpoints
    '14N
    keep your word, no excuses

Sorry,

I should have let the admin post a reply, after reading what the admin posted and reading the rules I thought (assumed) it was more then just deleting spam.

My understanding was "The moderators job will be to ensure the membership follows the site rules..LINK"
    And I copied the Moderation Rules: and Rules Enforcement: from that link.

again sorry I posted, guess I should not assume anything, whats that old saying ''when you assume you make a XXX ......." lol.

I'll ditto ofdave for Woodswoman AND ofdave and MJC... excellent people.

10. Likes ofdave liked this post
    I would of course would like to volunteer, but I think DaddyDave is by far the best candidate.

The moderators job will be to ensure the membership follows the site rules posted here..............
    http://www.ctx700-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744

so when will it be finalized?
    I'm not a viable candidate, don't have a CTX anymore
    Woodswoman would be an asset as would MJC and they would compliment Daddy Dave.
    not my call, but three seems plenty
    '14N
    keep your word, no excuses