Hello from snowy Rochester

Hello all,

I'm a 76 year old retired RIT professor. I've been riding off and on for about 40 years. I returned to riding, after 5 years off, after retirement, a hip replacement, and discovery of the CTX700N DCT. Arthritis keeps me from safely using a clutch , but I'm relatively healthy otherwise. I bought my bike last September, so I've only had a few months to ride before the snow flew. It's in storage now, and I'm longing for Spring.

I'm hoping to offer my experiences where I can and learn from you folks. I haven't figured out how to post pics yet, so I can't show what me and my bike look like...stay tuned. :)

Professor

Attachments

• My Silver Bullet.jpg
    My Silver Bullet.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Steven

Midwest here. Bike is on charger just waiting for a warm day, other than the -10 to -15 degrees that we've been getting at night. I think it's going to get warmer starting tonight.

casper

Cold as all get out here. You get much snow out of it professor? I still remember the winter of 65 out there.

MJC

Super Moderator
Hello Professor*76 from the Hudson Valley, NY. I ride a 2014 DCT full fairing, it was that or end riding for me. I got my bike used from a person in Rochester, nice roads out that way. I plan on a trip this spring/summer to check them out. I will let you know when I am in your area and we can share a road for a ways.
mj

Hello Professor*76 from the Hudson Valley, NY. I ride a 2014 DCT full fairing, it was that or end riding for me. I got my bike used from a person in Rochester, nice roads out that way. I plan on a trip this spring/summer to check them out. I will let you know when I am in your area and we can share a road for a ways.
mj

That sounds great mj. Let me know when you'll be in town.

Ride safe

casper

We've only got about an inch really. 5.5 so far this winter, so nothing. Btw. I laughed when I saw your jacket. I have the same one. Love it!