Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I won't be installing them anytime soon. We've got 18" of snow on the ground, about 39 degrees at best. I figure another 2 months and I can start getting things together. The bike is just on the tender, under its cover hibernating.

I'm like professor. Storing up stuff to add. Shanghai Dan's oiler block, the lowers and the driving lights. I was thinking of seriously looking at the new goldwing, but the C does everything I need it to do, and I've added so much to it for fun that realistically there's no point. My wife has the can am rt, the C is perfect for me, and it's paid for. The GW would be almost 4 times more than what I've got into the C and that would be just plain silly to do that.

I hear ya, I am in the Storing Up Stuff To Add Club too. Some things I ordered last winter and still did not install yet. If it goes from cold to warm fast, then the install days turn into riding days..lol.

My list this year (to install) is so long that, first warm day, and I am going to take the bike apart, do all the maintenance, install all the new parts/mods then put the bike back together. Then ride baby ride........ at least that is the plan. lol.

3. Likes casper liked this post
    FYI. Just contacted madstad re: lowers, and they said they weren't sure they were going to continue the ctx700 lowers. am undecided if I would get them...but havent heard back yet re: availability nor pricing...

That would be a shame. They manufacturer them as ordered so no cost for inventory, so wonder why...
    2014 CTX 700 dct
    2016 NM4

not sure why...the guy just said he'd have to check. Appeared it might be under discussion. Will post if I hear back

On my way back Tuesday from a partial ride with @DevilsFan Dan and @MTVIC Mike, I stopped by MadStad and spoke with the owner (Mark) about the lowers. Not only will they continue with the existing fairing version, they have just developed one for the naked models as well. He was hoping to have both up on the site in the next week or so. Pricing not yet set, but based upon what I was charged, I'd guess a pair will go for under $100 a set.
    Click for information on my heel/toe foot shifter thread: http://www.ctx700forum.com/forum/ctx700-parts/59434-custom-heel-shifter-availability-2.html#post711858
    Click to download my free PDF for new Trikers: http://magic-pc.net/HowToRideAMotorcycleTrike.pdf

Great news, and it was a great ride. Good seeing you again.
    2014 CTX 700 dct
    2016 NM4

9. Thanks BobWitte thanked for this post
    Likes BobWitte liked this post
    That's great news. I'm so looking forward to putting mine on. Still can't get the bike out from under the carport due to an ice sheet. Still too much roof snow run off. But it's now consistently in the 40s, upper 20s now at night. As soon as the roof snow gets off the glacier will evaporate pretty quick.