What did you do to your CTX today?

Glen e

This is a sticky on most of the other forums that I’m on, and I didn’t see one here but it’s always fun because it’ll go 200 pages after a while… SO WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR CTX TODAY?

I’ll start… I’m doing 250 miles this weekend so it was time to make sure the bike had a good coat of protectant on it before I start.This is a product from Carpro that’s a spray on-wipe off cleaner protectant for the bike. This is not some magic Facebook/made-for-TV product, it’s used by detailers all over the world. And comes in a concentrate so it lasts forever. Mix 2 ounces in a Windex bottle, the rest distilled water, and add protection and cleaning to all the painted surfaces of your bike. You won’t believe the gloss and it lasts months. Very hydrophobic, works great on windshields too, so it’s an all in one product for every surface of your bike. Get a good microfiber towel, fold it in quarters, spray the bike and then just wipe off, changing to a new fresh towel face every four or five swipes…The days of putting a wax on your bike and then buffing off the haze are over…

https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-ech20.html

Last edited:
I added to my pile of mods that I will put on my bike when I get it out of storage in March. The pile now includes:
Corbin seat, Kury floorboards w/adapters, Grip puppies, Silver reflective tape for my wheels.

Fantasizing on how great it will look......:p

Glen e

I added to my pile of mods that I will put on my bike when I get it out of storage in March. The pile now includes:
Corbin seat, Kury floorboards w/adapters, Grip puppies, Silver reflective tape for my wheels.

Fantasizing on how great it will look......:p

If you do the Corbin, take some time and use the configurator on their website and for very little money, most of the time free, they will make the seat for you from materials that match your bike. I wish I would’ve done that, rather than just jumping on and buying the standard black one.

BobWitte

If you do the Corbin, take some time and use the configurator on their website and for very little money, most of the time free, they will make the seat for you from materials that match your bike. I wish I would’ve done that, rather than just jumping on and buying the standard black one.

As you can see from my gallery that's what I did. And being in Florida as we are, black is not exactly the smartest choice as a seat color.

My choice would have been a light saddle tan. However, I gave over color choices to my wife hoping she would have more of a sense of "investiture" in the bike. She picked the blue, I did it in metal flake. Not realizing it was actually a snakeskin pattern (couldn't really tell from the pictures) she picked the "silver" because silver & blue go together.

Now as to the question at hand -- (and you folks up north will get a kick out of this) here's what I did with TMB II yesterday. I walked past it briskly as it slept in the garage, 'cause it was mighty cold out there yesterday. The high for the day was just over 50 degrees.
:rolleyes::cool:

BobWitte

As you can see from my gallery that's what I did. And being in Florida as we are, black is not exactly the smartest choice as a seat color.

My choice would have been a light saddle tan. However, I gave over color choices to my wife hoping she would have more of a sense of "investiture" in the bike. She picked the blue, I did it in metal flake. Not realizing it was actually a snakeskin pattern (couldn't really tell from the pictures) she picked the "silver" because silver & blue go together.

Now as to the question at hand -- (and you folks up north will get a kick out of this) here's what I did with TMB II yesterday. I walked past it briskly, 'cause it was mighty cold out there yesterday. The high for the day was just over 50 degrees.:mad::cool:

Glen e

So what do I do with the CTX today? Put 300 miles going from Fort Lauderdale over to above Tampa to see a college friend starting chemo.....So the liner/quilt vest goes back in my Honda VBR touring jacket, ski gloves, and my full face w/ baclava....But it won’t be that bad, I’ll go at noon and it will be 50 - 54°…loaded up:

Last edited:
So what do I do with the CTX today? Put 300 miles going from Fort Lauderdale over to above Tampa to see a college friend starting chemo.....So the liner/quilt vest goes back in my Honda VBR touring jacket, ski gloves, and my full face w/ baclava....But it won’t be that bad, I’ll go at noon and it will be 50 - 54°…loaded up:

I really like the luggage on your bike. Are those custom brackets?

And what's that doohicky on your frunk? Some kind of tank bag quick disconnect?

Spirit 4

Today was the end of a one day trickle charge. The bike has been under cover for about 10 days and with near zero temps, she needed a charge! BTW my dealer provides batteries for life. It still cranks fine, but maybe this year!

Jimmy H.

The brackets are from jfc on the other site. Love these brackets......I wrapped in carbon fiber..

The bags are pelican cases from caseclub.com - I like smaller, flat adventure bags versus the big bulbous Honda bags, massively cheaper too - $90 a bag!

The doohickey is a quick disconnect for my tank bag from sw motech.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-m...tric-quick-lock-evo-micro-motorcycle-tank-bag

I'm pretty happy with the look of my OEM bags, but I love how yours have built in tie down points for a tail bag.

Woodswoman

Work well, do they?

I've had these bookmarked for awhile. If I do another long road trip -- which I'm trying to coax hubby into for this year -- I want to be able to strap an extra bag to the top of my Shad case. (I don't like strapping a bag across the passenger seat, because then I struggle when I mount and dismount the bike.) Thought these tie-down points might work, and not harm the case, if I just strapped light items to it. Like a bag with my rain gear or something.

kujawskir

over 50 degrees.
Hey, I'm on the last day of my flu and can't laugh without coughing, this was unkind. I know you didn't mean to cause harm, so no problem, really.

I haven't walked outside in 6 days, but my last ride to work on the CTX was under 20° and my next ride might be to Church Sunday at or near the same.

As for doing to it, no garage here, so changes must wait for warmer weather.

Last edited:

I did use the configurator, Glen. I wanted the standard black one anyway...it looks fantastic!

casper

Glen, you got any tips on getting them mounted square up? I'm trying to figure out how to make sure the holes in both, and both sides gets lined up. I have soft bags now. Love them but I can see the day coming when I get what you have here. Thanks man.

Glen e

Not sure what you mean “square up”.....I now use disposable 18” zip ties to pull the top bag down.....

also a zip tie/caribeaner anchors it to the backrest shaft so it can’t move backward.

Last edited:

BobWitte

It is still dark and have been on the forum since 4:30, but I'm going over to the inventor and my old business partner at The Trinity Trike to have him take all the measurements needed to adapt that wonderful Hybrid IRS of his to my CTX. Really looking forward to the improved ride that will soon be mine!

Update: Sadly the meet up was put off a week.:(

Last edited:

ponydrvr

GlenE,

I've been looking at your side case installation. A couple of questions; 1. Why did you choose the Pelican cases over comparably priced GIVI, Kappa and Moteck cases? 2. How did you mount them to the side brackets? 3. Have you considered adding lighting to the rear and side of the cases? Same questions for the top case.

Thanks for any insight you might offer,

Ralph