No GIRLS allowed!

This thread is for MEN only! :cool:

So what kind of beard balm is good? I'm starting to grow a sweet beard (something girls don't understand) and it's looking a little ragged.

I guess there are no other manly men on this forum!

Any other manly stuff to discuss? I just bought a copper fire pit. The cheap Chinese steel ones only last a few seasons so I spent a little money on copper. It should discolor but hopefully not rust through.

kujawskir

So what kind of beard balm is good? I'm starting to grow a sweet beard (something girls don't understand) and it's looking a little ragged.

I think my wife understands my beard better than I do, but that's beside the point.
It gets trimmed at least once a week, and the adjustable length spacer at 9 mm helps keep it level at about where she likes it. At this short, no balm, just use dandruff shampoo on the chin once or twice a month.

'Lil o'er a dacade ago, I took it all off because flat auburn was turning through shades of red, brown, and gray mixed everywhere. She immediately said the mustache or beard or something had to go back on because "you look too much like your dad." Several others said I looked younger. We all had a good laugh when the kids got home from school - the boys said "You look a lot younger!" and my darling daughter immediately answered "Yeah, you look like Grandpa!"

I don't mind looking younger like my dad, but I don't look at me often. She does. It stays.

kujawskir

I guess there are no other manly men on this forum!

Dude! One day to answer?
I don't give my text or e-mail that much devotion. I have work and other manly things to occupy my time. My wife has to jump to respond to some of the ladies in her prayer group that worry she fell off the face of the earth if they don't hear back quick and it bugs me they have her on a short leash.

My son is fond of saying, "Women, if your man said he'd do something for you, just be patient and he'll get to it. You don't need to remind him about it every four months."

Steve,

I had a beard years ago, and the only thing I did to it was trim it about once a month. But as long as you started this... beards are like Manual vs. DCT not really a measure of manliness, or maybe I should ask... If a girl rides a bike with a clutch and a manual shift does that make her more manly? ;)

Now, about the fire pit, Let me know how that works out. Do you want it to discolor? I know some guys spend half their life polishing metal and others just let it age. If you like the aged look, you can accelerate that by washing it with ammonia a few times. It will turn brown and eventually that nice green patina.

Cool idea for a thread, since there's one for "Girls Only." (which some of the guys, including me, have commented on)

I tend to buy a lot of stuff on Amazon so I get a pile of boxes every week. The local home owners association says I need to use this dumb blue bin which would be overfilled every week due to the boxes, so I tend to cut them up and burn them in the pit.

In the summer I do like to start a wood fire and cook brauts over it. I'm definitely not going to polish the pit. It's like header pipes, if you clean it it will just get discolored the next time you ride. No point.

ofdave

too bad it's not for women
the women in my ex-wife's family may not have full beards (usually 8 or 10 black ones) but there is a lot of hair on their upper lips
(it is not discussed, even at family reunions)
some may have good advice

oh, and I would not trim too short-it takes away from it's usefulness as a flavor saver (left over crumbs for later)

Last edited:

MJC

Super Moderator
i have a beard and I am a member of the Society of Grey Beard Bikers on facebook. I let it grow out starting in September and by Christmas I look like Santa. I cut it back during riding season so it does not get knots and by that time I look like the guys of zz top! My wife likes my beard best during riding season but puts up with it longer around xmas because she likes how I play along with the kids who think I am Santa. After xmas she will say "You look like a dirt-bag biker!" and if she pushes it, I just start saying "Maybe I will start treating you like I am a dirt-bag biker"..then she stops and puts up with it til riding season.

I do not have a fire pit, but do smoke food in my home made smoker, made out of a old gas grill.

Manual vs. DCT ? Is it a measure of manliness? Well, you can, but do not have to have a dick, to be A Dick. Just like if you are A Dick, and have a dick, that does not make you a men. Just saying.

I am way past: My dick is bigger then your dick. I am a biker not a motorcycle rider, If you can grow a beard you are a man, a big gun makes me a man, .......
I know who I am, do not care what people think of who or what I am.
I am, mj LOL.....