Best CTX700 moment of 2017?

Woodswoman

Happy new year, all!

So what was the best moment of 2017 on your CTX700?

Mine was completing the MS5000 Challenge, to raise funds for the cure and support of those suffering multiple sclerosis.

Woodswoman

and the many "Missions" we have ridden for Patriot Guard Riders, and with the American Legion Riders. Being able to give last acts of respect to our fallen heroes, veterans, and First Providers has been a gratifying experience, and I've met a lot of wonderful riders (of all brands of bikes).

That's awesome, Dave. I'm an American Legion Rider, too, but our post has effectively become inactive, and I haven't participated in a rider mission in years now.

fergy

Mine was quite simple. I was riding on my favorite local road, Clinton Road in West Milford, NJ. It's bout 10 miles of repeated twists along a beautiful reservoir and forest park land. Great for tuning up your skills and keeping you concentrated on your riding. And I found myself just feeling at one with the CTX, rolling it into every curve, focused but relaxed. And thinking that this bike was exactly what I hoped it would be and that I had made a good choice when I took the plunge from scooters to motorcycles.

Woodswoman

Mine was quite simple. I was riding on my favorite local road, Clinton Road in West Milford, NJ. It's bout 10 miles of repeated twists along a beautiful reservoir and forest park land. Great for tuning up your skills and keeping you concentrated on your riding. And I found myself just feeling at one with the CTX, rolling it into every curve, focused but relaxed. And thinking that this bike was exactly what I hoped it would be and that I had made a good choice when I took the plunge from scooters to motorcycles.

Aaaahhhh, "the groove". Innit the best?? :D

casper

Awesome ride, woodswoman! Mine this year was lapping Wisconsin. And I plan on being a Guard rider this year as well. DaddyDave.

Glen e

Maybe not the best, but the most “memorable” CTX experience was my first ride of 250 miles, the day after delivery in October. And realizing that there was no way that I could stay with the stock seat or the forward pegs due to sitting on my tailbone.............floorboards and Corbin seat added, problem solved.

Last edited:

Steven

For me it was my trip out to Colorado. I camped out in a beautiful forest, the weather was perfect. After that I got blown around by the winds in Kansas, missed 5 tornados in 48 hours, along the road I was on. I had a flat tire, but had what I needed to fix it. Saw some beautiful mountains and met some nice people. The bike was very comfortable during the whole trip. It only rained on the last day of the trip. Actually it rained in Kansas, but it seemed I was riding just behind the tail end of the storms so I didn't get wet.