Wow what happened to this web site ????

burdicda

For quite some time you could come to this web site and get the latest and in depth technical information on CTX 700 motorcycles but for weeks now every time I log in it's all about buy this and buy that and for sale this and for sale that.

Almost looks like the spammers and trolls have taken over....is this what lack of moderators does to a web site.

Even the hard core ctx er's who were banned from the other site are not posting here ???

I see CTX 's everywhere I go ... I am going to make up some business cards that say

"Got a CTX and don't know anyone else who does" ??
with contact information....maybe put some life blood back in
the CTX neighborhood and web sites....both of them....

ciao
burdicda

ponydrvr

I am on this site a couple of times daily. I look at the other site occasionally too. Don't need to post on either unless I have something of value to add to a conversation. This forum is less filled with drama and the wisdom of a few (two actually).

I did my best to get banned over there early on. I found that they do respond to guidance from the site owners but still can't help their innane "moderation". They may have thought better of the ban button for some reason.

I am currently committed to development of web sites for two local riding groups. I am getting in a fair amount of riding time also and find I don't have as much time for general conversation. Next spring I am committed to having group rides planned for three events.

Retirement .... Isn't it great? I have to "work" doing things I like to do. The pay sucks, but at least I get to work from home and ride when I want. NO unions, budgets, employees and other operational headaches ... just me to manage.

Shanghai Dan

Personally, I'm waiting for the new Goldwing to come out. A well "broken in" (to the tune of 40K+ miles) and optioned CTX700 will be for sale, and a new bigger steed shall live in its place...

ponydrvr

If you do that Dan how will you spend your free time? I mean the GW will have nearly all the bells and whistles already installed. All you will have to do is add a few lights and a F/R Innov camera DVR and it will be complete.

They are nice though. I was looking at '17 GW on the local dealer showroom. It's nice. I believe the kicker will be the new front end and the better handling.

Say, any chance you would PM me a copy of the Pro-Oiler nozzle mount file? A friend here in town has a 3D printer and would like one for his bike.

Merlin III

Don't worry, I guess we're all taking a break.

Yes, the season is over. I have been spending time on snow blower sites :) . Got a new 34" beastie. Can't wait to use it. Ponydriver has the right idea. Start now finding out who rides CTX700s in your region and organizing rides and get togethers.

ponydrvr

The ride planning is for the local BMW group ( I'm a member ) and a couple of charity events. Strangely, there is no Honda group except for the GWRA. The interest in a Honda and/or CTX group does not seem to exist despite brisk and continuing sales.

It seems many riders want to belong but not participate in the group operations. Oh well.

Shanghai Dan

If you do that Dan how will you spend your free time? I mean the GW will have nearly all the bells and whistles already installed. All you will have to do is add a few lights and a F/R Innov camera DVR and it will be complete.

They are nice though. I was looking at '17 GW on the local dealer showroom. It's nice. I believe the kicker will be the new front end and the better handling.

Say, any chance you would PM me a copy of the Pro-Oiler nozzle mount file? A friend here in town has a 3D printer and would like one for his bike.

I plan to ride more...:) Looking to do a few round-the-US trips, and visit friends in multiple other States. Something that is great for 800-1000 miles a day would be welcome!

PM sent!

Dan

Shanghai Dan

I plan to ride more...:) Looking to do a few round-the-US trips, and visit friends in multiple other States. Something that is great for 800-1000 miles a day would be welcome!

Everyone can download it from here: https://nofile.io/f/cvTCaNHUswg/CTX700+ProOiler+Arm.zip

Dan

MJC

Super Moderator
Hello Everyone. Few months ago my PC broke and I was unable to get back into this forum and had to change my user name and start over. I just put my bike away for winter today so no more riding til 3/2018. Over the winter I plan on doing some changes to my bike and I think I am do for the valve check, last few rides I got lower gas millage so that is on my list. I have had just about the hole bike apart for mods and maintenance so if anyone needs technical information or how to's just ask.

Next year I will be going to IN, has my kid and grand-kids will be moving there. I hope to meet up with some members from this forum when I get out there. I will post dates when I know.

For now that is about it. mj

BobWitte

How about one of you talented bunnies come up with a CTX forum logo that can be printed on those cards. Post it here as a JPG that can be printed on Avery card stock.