New CTX700 owner in Ohio

BuckeyeCTX

I just bought a 2014 CTX700 yesterday. It only has 4600 miles and has many extras including Cee Bailey windshield, backrest and luggage rack, custom seat, mini Board footrests, front lower wind deflectors, saddle bags, Rivco mirrors with LED turn signals, and rear light bar with turn signals.
I used to have Burgman 400 which I really loved and did many trips on. I did the Blue Ridge Parkway, Deals Gap and the Dragon, Circle Lake Huron tour, Circle Lake Superior tour and a big trip out west which included Glacier Park, the Rattlesnake Grade, the Lolo Highway, Yellowstone, and the Beartooth Highway.
Hopefully I'll be able to do some fun trips on my new CTX.
One question now. What octane of gasoline does everyone use?

BobWitte

I just bought a 2014 CTX700 yesterday. It only has 4600 miles and has many extras including Cee Bailey windshield, backrest and luggage rack, custom seat, mini Board footrests, front lower wind deflectors, saddle bags, Rivco mirrors with LED turn signals, and rear light bar with turn signals.
I used to have Burgman 400 which I really loved and did many trips on. I did the Blue Ridge Parkway, Deals Gap and the Dragon, Circle Lake Huron tour, Circle Lake Superior tour and a big trip out west which included Glacier Park, the Rattlesnake Grade, the Lolo Highway, Yellowstone, and the Beartooth Highway.
Hopefully I'll be able to do some fun trips on my new CTX.
One question now. What octane of gasoline does everyone use?
Since I have a station only 2 miles away that sells it, I use the non-ethanol type of gas. However, I think most folks just use the 87 type regular gas.

randy1149

Welcome to the forum BuckeyeCTX, you've got a fully loaded CTX that you'll find years of enjoyment. I think most of us use 87 octane gas which is all you need. Higher octane would be a waste of money and doesn't add anything to power or fuel economy.

BuckeyeCTX

Thanks Bob and Randy
I should have mentioned in my original post I have the DCT version.
Only addition I'm considering for my CTX is a top case.

Androven56

Hi Buckeye, i bought a 2014 CTX 700 myself in October. If yours is red and was near Columbus I believe I saw it advertised online. I was tempted to go for it but I found a white one I liked better. I live near Dayton. Maybe we can cross paths someday.