Riding in the Raleigh NC area

Buddyrider

I have had my 2014 DCT 700 CTX for two weeks, really enjoy it. Love the forum as well. It is refreshing to hear from mature people about motorcycles, without the biker language. I have been riding for 45 years, and decided to down size and get away from the weight and shake. Lot of good riding in the area. just a few miles out of the city limits.

CTX700 and Deck 001.jpg

Woodswoman

... decided to down size and get away from the weight and shake.

That's the same choice I made (although my Victory didn't shake). ;)

I'm in my 4th year of riding my CTX700, and I am still super happy with it. All-around competence without the drama. Sometimes I miss having a ginormous motor, but the fun I have on "Flicker" more than makes up for that.

Welcome to the forum!

randy1149

Welcome to the forum. I too came from 900 lb. motorcycles with 3 years on a 2015 CTX700D. You'll enjoy how much easier and relaxed fun the bike brings back to motorcycle riding... combined by the people here on this forum. Run thru the Mod and Tech section of the forum and see what members have done and you can do to make the bike you. Welcome again.

Buddyrider

touche' on the Victory--my brother-in-law sports a dressed out kingpin. Very nice bike. I just sold the Electra Glide and picked up the CTX already put a 1000 on it. Going this week to ride the twistes in the blue ridge. Thanks for the Welcome, and I have read most if not all of your post. which helped with my final decision to buy the CTX.