Sprocket Mods

Metabaron

Hello all,
First let me say I don't think this bike needs anything at all but I just like to tweak things sometimes and this seems very inexpensive. A mechanic at one of the Honda dealerships told me I can swap both the front AND rear sprockets to give me more off the line and top end bit others have said if I do both it will just counter each other. I also don't want to ruin my gas mileage. I would love to hear what you all think and any information you have to offer.

ponydrvr

You can do one or the other to gain quickness or top end. Going to far either way will affect mileage performance. FWIW: if you want more "Off-the -Line " performance and top end buy a Suzuki Hayabusa.

Good Luck, Live Long and Prosper. But please, do slow down before you hurt yourself or others.

Metabaron

Thanks. That's what I thought. The reason I wanted to ask the forum because the guy at the dealership said if I swapped both front and rear said that would give me both top and low end games but I didn't see how that would be possible. Let me say again that I'm not trying to turn this into super sport. I just enjoy tasteful modifications.

Metabaron

Thanks DaddyDave. I really appreciate the additional information. Like I said I like to tinker with my toys but I love this bike as it is. For me it has plenty of torque and I can keep up with my buddy who rides a Street Triple. Of course I can't win in a race but when we need to pass cars or anything else the CTX does what I need it to do.

I haven't owned alot of bikes but I moved from traditional cruiser to the CTX and I've done more riding in one season than all the other years combined with my other two bikes.

I 6'3" and I wanted something that didn't put my legs in a very aggressive position and the CTX suites all my needs.

I know I sound like an advertisement but I'm not selling anything:)

wallacem

This engine will not take well to dyno tuning. You can spend several hundred dollars and any increases felt will only be in your head. Wallacem in Ga