ABS brakes on the CTX

pipster326

Well, 1 of the reasons, that I wanted a CTX 700, was it had ABS brakes. It not something that you can test out or explain to people how it works.
Yesterday, an elderly driver decided to make a left turn, right as I was approaching. Thank goodness for the ABS, they definitely worked. There is no doubt that without them, I would have slid and lost control. Tires made a hell of a noise, but never locked up.
The poor man, pulled over and was shaking. Kept apologizing, I actually felt bad for him.
ABS worked like a charm!!!!

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fergy

It is nice to have that peace of mind. I was practicing quick stops yesterday and it kicked in a couple of times. Actually helps you learn just how far you can go on the brakes before you would have locked up.

randy1149

I've had my CTX ABS kick in several times already keeping the bike up and under control. ABS should be mandatory on all motorcycles.

Last edited:

ponydrvr

I have tested braking several times to get the feel of ABS. Fortunately I've never needed to use it on the raod.

MJC

Super Moderator
I practice in a parking lot using my ABS just so I know how they work and feel just in case I have to use them on the road. I think everyone should. Rich, glad yours are working fine, hope you never need them again.

mickwa

I agree also. My last 3 bikes have had ABS, that includes my CTX 700. I would not leave home without it.

pipster326

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. To me,it’s a no-brainer. Whatever bike,that you have or would consider buying, for a few hundred dollars more, it is money well spent. Like mickwa said: I would never leave home without it

Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk