Trip to Colorado

Steven

This is Kansas. Most it it looked like this. BTW, on one road, it was 130 miles between gas stations.

Attachments

• Kansas 1.jpg
    Kansas 1.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 67

rickster

I like 'em too Steven. Must have been a great trip. Isn't riding along with a mountain view just the coolest thing? Thanks for sharing the images...

paradave26

Lovely scenery but of course you haven't answered the most important question. What color is your bike?

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Steven

It's red, of course and I received many compliments on the bike while on the road. However, the trip was very hazardous. I had a flat tire on the second day and the wind kept trying to blow me off the road most of the trip. I rode across Kansas at about 45 mph (both ways) just to stay on the road. The wind was so strong that it would blow me over while just standing next to the bike. Then to add insult to injury, on the way home I had to ride through 100 miles of heavy rain and my rain coat wasn't so waterproof so I got a little wet and cold. All the people I met in Kansas were very nice. I've come to the conclusion that the CTX isn't the best bike for touring when it's windy. Other bikes were passing me like they had no problems. I assume it's because the CTX has very quick steering.

BTW, the Stop and Go 1001 tire repair kit works great and it's easy to use. The plug is still working great with nearly 2,000 miles on it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BBSD9C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The bike itself was absolutely comfortable during the entire trip.

Last edited:

Steven

John C on the other site would through a hissy fit if he read this. :D

The thing is that this is important. If I hadn't had a repair kit I would have had big problems. This kit was in particular very nice to use, much easier than I would have ever imagined. BTW, this is the first time I've had a repair kit. I've only had one flat before and that was in town. This time I was nearly 500 miles from home.

John C is a self important... pick any adjective that fits... He's not much of a man either. He won't stand face to face with another man discuss any disagreements, heated or otherwise, and walk away without getting revenge.

I really don't miss that other site one bit.

Last edited:

Steven

I should also mention that I was at 10,000 feet and the bike had plenty of power, which is pretty good considering how much I weigh.

rickster

I rode across Kansas at about 45 mph (both ways) just to stay on the road. The wind was so strong that it would blow me over while just standing next to the bike. Then to add insult to injury, on the way home I had to ride through 100 miles of heavy rain and my rain coat wasn't so waterproof so I got a little wet and cold. All the people I met in Kansas were very nice. I've come to the conclusion that the CTX isn't the best bike for touring when it's windy. Other bikes were passing me like they had no problems. I assume it's because the CTX has very quick steering.

BTW, the Stop and Go 1001 tire repair kit works great and it's easy to use. The plug is still working great with nearly 2,000 miles on it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BBSD9C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The bike itself was absolutely comfortable during the entire trip.

Pretty gritty stuff there Steven...and smart riding as you kept to a speed that you were secure and safe at. A lot of the gonzo crowd, seeing other riders passing them, may have made decisions that were other than what you chose.