Irma is going to come see us

ofdave

So it's an inside day-waiting and waiting
80 - 100 mph winds to be here this. aft. and through the night.
I think we can handle that, we'll see.
Likely to be without electricity for 2-7 days, already over 150,000 without power in south FL.

Interesting sidebar- in 1960 Hurricane Donna hit on my birthday Sept. 10 when living in Lakeland, FL.
And it is happening again on my birthday this year. I guess I'm good for another few years.

Here's a good one, I got an email birthday card from the other forum. I have been banned there for almost two years!
Guess they don't pay attention to that stuff.

Woodswoman

Wishing you the best day possible, brother.

I hope you and all our Florida members make our OK. Please keep us posted as you can; we're worried for ya. <<Hugs>>

randy1149

4 hurricanes one after the other should tell us environment temperature rise is for real. Who you gunna believe a scientists or a politician? Warm up the oceans and this is what your going to get. It melts the ice and expands the oceans.

If the scientist are wrong we'd waste a lot of money, if the politicians are wrong we've destroyed the planet, and there is no plant B to go to. I really don't understand how people will let this happen!

Shanghai Dan

The year 2005 was a lot worse than 2017 so far... We had Harvey, Katrina, Rita, and Wilma. And really no big hurricanes since then - until now. Of course 2005 came right after a nice big El Nino, much like 2017 is following a big El Nino year last year. There is quite a bit to link El Nino events and Atlantic hurricanes - and it's not really global warming that causes El Nino patterns.