Picked up a heated vest

Steven

TourMaster Synergy 2.0 Electric Vest Liner with Collar

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LYOCWM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mine was $146.

I took it for a spin last night, the temp was 65F and felt chilly when I was up to speed. I had the vest on the first setting and it was very warm, too warm when I was going slow. When I was doing 60mph I felt very cozy and very comfortable. I really like this thing! The heated collar really helped too. I was as snug as a bug in a rug, so to speak. I was wearing a t-shirt and my touring jacket. Highly recommended!

I did turn the heat up and I cooked. There didn't seem to be any drain on the electrical system either.

Heated vest.jpg

mtvic

Doesn't it have a fully adjustable temp control? I have a Gerbering and bought a Heatroller and it lets me dial in any temp while riding. 100% adjustable.

Steven

This has 5 settings. Realistically, 65F is too warm for heated gear, at least for me, but I had to try it to see what to expect. I would think a 100% adjustable would be better, but it is what it is. It did warm me very well front to back and on the neck. At this point, I'm thinking heated gear is a must have if anyone is going to ride in cold weather. It's not so much needed for weather above 50F, but it sure feels good... I'm pretty much guessing here because I haven't tried it in the cold yet.

randy1149

You'll love your heated vest Steve. I've been using heated cloths since wagon wheels rode west. Started out with the vest and now a full jacket with heated sleeves. And for anybody looking for a vest make sure it has heated neck, it is a must on these vests, some vest don't have it. I also still have the heated gloves but since I installed heated grips I don't use the gloves anymore. With a heated vest or jacket you keep your core body warm and that does influence how your body controls the blood flow to your extremities in not shutting down the blood flow to them. So the heated grips gets the job done.

The price of these Tourmaster vest with the controller and installation wiring is a great price. I've seen it around $115. If you have a problem with the 5 step controller you can purchase a variable controller separately. But I don't think you'll really need one. These controllers are not rheostats, they are time division to control the heat. They turn on and off instead of monitoring the temperature.

Steven

Thanks Randy. I was rather surprised at how good it felt. The reason I got it was because I didn't know what the weather was going to be like on a trip. I do remember a couple of trips I took where it got into the low 30's f. I didn't get cold back then, I was much younger and I had many layers. I think this is better. Since I got this bike, I did ride in 20 f weather (not that far) and my hands and my neck were the two things that got cold. As time passes I will think about other heated gear.

Woodswoman

Heated gear is the bomb-diggity. :)

I've had a jacket liner (FirstGear) for years, and I rave about it to everyone. Keeping my core warm on those edgy riding days is a Godsend. Ahhhhh! Works so well that I don't absolutely need heated gloves.

But I picked up a pair at a motorcycle show last year ... and they're awesome, too.

ponydrvr

+1 @Woodswoman

I've had Gerbing heated gear for nearly 10 years now. If the temps get below 45 F I don't leave home without it. I have the full line from feet to gloves. Seldom use the gloves though. I have found that keeping the core warm reduces the need for the heat on the extremes. Of course, heated grips help also.