Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Got to race a Harley today.

Got to race a Harley today. It was dead even, although I was still in Drive mode. A while back I looked at 0 to 60 times for different bikes and many of the Harley's were about the same as the CTX, I suppose this proves it. I wanted to race him again, but this time in Sport mode, but we were going different directions.

As for which kind of Harley it was, I don't know, they look the same to me, but it wasn't one of the smaller ones and it wasn't one of the big touring models.

I guess the moral of the story is that staying up with a Harley is not a problem. There's not much difference in acceleration.

2. Likes Epic Trekkrr liked this post
    Harley Dividson is in trouble. Sales is down, lots of used on the market & HD is buying Ducati... probably in response to their next expected demographic customers. I can just see the "brain" surfing board room between the Italians from Modena and the HD board red necks. Can you image the HD crew wants to take off the balances to give the Ducatic more shake and break. And of course the need to take off the mufflers so the bike can "save lives".

Good luck Ducati.

It was inevitable. Harley had a good run and sold a lot of bikes, the streets are flooded with them, but every generation or so has it's own fads, but you said that. Imagine a 900lb Ducati with a bat wing faring?

I doubt very much this companionship will last. Ever been to Italy? Schedules for public purposes, timing windows and meetings are all suggestions. The don't believe in waiting on lines and they don't, the just walk up to the front and curses you in Italian. And NO cheese on sea food.
    Last edited by randy1149; 08-06-2017 at 11:24 PM.

OK is it just me or are you guys going crazy!
    We have Steven racing in the streets!
    Harley Davidson in trouble and buying Ducati!
    And Randy putting cheese on sea food!

Whats going on here? lol

7. Likes Steven liked this post
    HD had a sport bike line, Buell, and they killed that off. They did a bad job with Aermacchi decades ago, I can't see where another Italian sport bike line is going to be a better fit for them now, unless they've had a lot of management/philosophy changes.

mjc... it NO cheese on sea food not on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Moore View Post
    HD had a sport bike line, Buell, and they killed that off. They did a bad job with Aermacchi decades ago, I can't see where another Italian sport bike line is going to be a better fit for them now, unless they've had a lot of management/philosophy changes.
    That's my point exactly Mike. I don't see how this thing will work right from the very first meetings between the two company. These 2 companies are totally 180 degree apart concerning everything about motorcycles. Just because Harley "bought" Ducati it won't make Ducati second string.

Not to nitpick, but I don't think that Harley has bought Ducati as yet, they are just one of several contenders I believe.

Foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in Northern California
    I just read this article dated today, July 18, 2017 ( http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/18/inve...rley-davidson/ ). It talks about layoffs due to U.S. sales having dropped 9%. I'm wondering if Harley is trying to leverage the Ducati dealerships worldwide to increase their foreign sales and service support.