Luggage Guard Protectors Crash Bars

MJC

Super Moderator
I have the T-Rex Racing 2014-2016 Honda CTX 700 Luggage Guard Protectors Crash Bars, there is a how too at http://www.ctx700-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=473&highlight=T-Rex+Racing+2014-2016+Honda+Luggage+Guard+Protectors+Crash+Bars

Anyway I will be removing them, just putting them out there to see if anyone wants them. I never drooped the bike after installing them but did lay it down to see if they would protect the bags. YES THEY DO WORK. I cut one of the mounting holes into a V so it slips over the bolt that is every hard to get too. I felt that you did not need that bolt anyway. Some others have done the same. With two bolts used these bars are very solid. I do not know the asking price yet, I paid $165. So make a offer, I would be open to trades has well.

OK, Ask! Why are you removing them? Well my left foot/leg is not working so well. From a stop with both feet down, I go to take off and (sometimes) my left foot will hit the bag guard, my left leg is too slow in moving to the front foot peg and gets pushed back a little and that is how my foot hits the bars. except for me no one should have this happen.

Thinking long and hard before making this move because the bag bars work every well and they are not something I wanted to give up.

Just putting it out there..........mj

pipster326

Hi guys, I am thinking of putting crash bars ( engine guards ) on my 2016 ctx700n. I've seen fehling and crazy iron. Does anyone have either? Which would look better? I know you guys,know more than me. I value your opinion. Thanks. Happy 4th to everyone

Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MJC

Super Moderator
I think the fehling bars work and look better. On the crazy iron, people have reported fit being off and hard to install. I had the Feh;ing bars but they did not work on the fairing model, there is a mod to make them work here (i posted it) but I never installed them on my bike. They where nicely made and should work well on the ctx700 without a fairing (or use the mod for the fairing model). Good luck.

pipster326

Thanks, mjc. I was leaning towards the fehling bars. I wish you still had yours, I would've bought them from you. I appreciate your response

Rich

Steven

I just installed the Crazy Iron bars, it was easy and everything fit well. As for their effectiveness, I don't know. I "think" that if you go into a slide the bike would have to be laying very far over on it's side before they touch down. They may protect the body work, but the rider, not so much, but that's just my opinion.

My bike did fall over once, but the side bags were holding the bike up. I suppose that if I fell over while moving the side bags would hit first and then the crash bars. The bike would survive and hopefully I wouldn't be under the bike. They do make a good place to put highway pegs.

MJC

Super Moderator
Sorry they are gone. I still have the rear saddlebag/ Luggage Crash Bars, that will be going up for sale soon.

If you plan to install floorboards you can lock them down (like Randy did) and they work well at stooping the bike from going over. The front crash bars (i think) do not stop the bike from going over, or stop the top plastic parts from getting damaged. Of cause I am talking about the bike at a stop, falling over, moving nothing is going to help, well maybe the rear crash bars because they are designed to do just that. With the front crash bars the bike (moving) falling over, the pegs (or floorboards) will hit 1st and if the bike keeps falling the top of the plastic, gas tank looking part would hit next, the front crash bars would only hit after the pegs where gone (bent up) and the plastic gas tank pushed in or broke off. At that point (hoping the rider was safe) the bike would be a total loss. Just my view anyway.

pipster326

Thanks guys,for the info and thoughts. I hate to be a pain in the a**, the fehling bars that I saw are 152 euros and don't think they ship the US. Where did you guys get yours,respectively?
Thanks
Rich

BobWitte

Unless something has changed, Fehling does ship to the USA, at least they did for me in January of this year. At the time, shipping was something on the order of 33 euros. Order via their website.

Woodswoman

Thanks guys,for the info and thoughts. I hate to be a pain in the a**, the fehling bars that I saw are 152 euros and don't think they ship the US. Where did you guys get yours,respectively?
Thanks
Rich

I got mine via Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00RYLKYKE/ref=pe_385721_148465821_TE_item?tag=skim0x95268-21

There's a cautionary note that this seller does not ship to the US. But I got mine from these guys with no difficulties. I'd say try it, and see what happens.

Tip: Amazon One-Click will not work from the US. You'll have to step through the purchase and accept the currency conversion rate.

Good luck!

MJC

Super Moderator
Rich, I got the bars from BobWitte so I am sure if he says they ship to the USA they do. You can also try ebay, I sold a set there and they did have others up for sale at that time.

pipster326

mjc, I emailed Motea, the company that I found on eBay. They told me what I need to do,to have them shipped to the states. I will be ordering them soon.
I'm currently visiting the mother in-law in Myrtle Beach SC,for the next 2 weeks. Man, I miss the CTX already ☹️
Thanks for your help.

Rich

pipster326

Thanks everyone, I finally ordered the Fehling crash bars from Motea. It was a little tricky,with using the credit card on a website in Germany but they should be on their way soon. 168 euros= $200 USD including shipping,so I'm pretty happy with that. I'll give an update,when they arrive.

Rich

pipster326

Hey guys and gals. I just wanted to say that the fehling crash bars,were delivered today. I'm not even home, I'm in Myrtle Beach on vacation. My neighbor took them in for me. I only ordered them on Sunday afternoon. Website said 7-10 days shipping to USA. If anyone is interested, the company is Motea motoshop, out of Germany. Never expected the bars this quick, can't wait to put them on.

Rich

Last edited:

pipster326

I installed the Fehling engine guards yesterday. It wasn't that difficult. Took about an hour. Instructions were in German, so I put on e bracket on wrong and had to change it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pipster326

Yes, thanks. I know better than to never say never. Hopefully I won't have to see, if they really "guard the engine ".
Waiting for delivery of the center stand,Hepco and Becker . Maybe I can use the engine guards, to mount foot pegs or some type of auxiliary lights.

Rich

eallstar58

plastic cover

Yes, thanks. I know better than to never say never. Hopefully I won't have to see, if they really "guard the engine ".
Waiting for delivery of the center stand,Hepco and Becker . Maybe I can use the engine guards, to mount foot pegs or some type of auxiliary lights.

Rich

nice job, were you able to put back the plastic bottom cover back once you installed this crash bar?

pipster326

Yes, I was able to get all plastics and fasteners back in place. If I remember correctly, I think I had to just hand tighten the left side, put the plastic piece back on, then tighten the bar the rest of the way.

Rich

eallstar58

Yes, I was able to get all plastics and fasteners back in place. If I remember correctly, I think I had to just hand tighten the left side, put the plastic piece back on, then tighten the bar the rest of the way.

Rich

Cool, I reached out to the retailer and going to purchase the set. I'm buying them not only to protect the bike but to prevent my legs to get crush if i ever happen to drop the bike. Do you think it's worth the investment now that it's installed?