New CTX owner from the Pacific Northwest

mickwa

Hi all. Just pickedup my new 2016 CTX 700 dct from Everett Powersports yesterday.
Traded in my Wing (133K), and my DN01 on the CTX. Downsizing.
Mick

burdicda

Hello and welcome to the machine about the machine...
I likewise bought in July 2016 a 2016 CTX700 DCT ABS blue...and I traded in my 1988 Restored GL1500 which had about 50K on it..
There are alot of other sites on facebook and off facebook specializing in CTX's...I like this one...it has no large conglomerate running it and no moderators hovering over every single word you say here...there are a ton of nice people in and out of here. Go to your profile and put in where you are so folks local to you can drop by or invite you over for get together rides....
There are people here including myself who have or are in the process of modding their CTX's to include custom stuff, any questions you may have feel free to ask...

http://www.greenknights36.com/gallery3/index.php/My-CTX-So-Far

I have to update the photos as I have added a ton more new stuff but this gives you the general idea...

Steven

Welcome! What burdicda said.

I'm in my third year of ownership and am still very happy with my machine. I wanted a bike that was easy to ride in town but capable of taking that cross country ride. It's certainly no wing, but I bet you'll find that you're going to be riding a lot more. I curious though, isn't the CTX similar to the DN01?

ofdave

Welcome aboard, Mick
The more you ride your new CTX, the more you'll enjoy it.
Don't go out and buy boxes of stuff to add until you have a few hundred miles to form your own opinions of what you need.
It's a great ride and about the third time you move it around the garage you'll realize you made a good choice.
There is a little known rule (New CTX 104.2) that, after a purchase, all normal tasks around the house and even work (if applicable) must be delayed and the bike must be ridden. The other stuff has to wait-just ride!
Do not break the rule and it should be quoted to those who (wrongly) think you should be doing something else.

fergy

Welcome! Hope you love your CTX as much as I love mine. These days here in the Hudson Valley, I am beginning to feel like I live in the Pacific Northwest. The rain just keeps coming while the CTX sits waiting for dry, sunny weather!