Center Stand

MJC

Super Moderator
OK, Who has the center stand from Webike? And Who has the center stand from Hepco & Becker?

From what I understand is the one from Webike is made by Honda, for the NC700s. You need to get 08M70-MGS-J10 and a stopper 35-21-01. Today on webike they are $181 shipped.

From Hepco and Becker, They make it for the ctx700, and the cost is $249. what I do not know is the stopper included or something I would have to get.

I sent H and B a email and asked about there unit and if I need to buy the stopper, no reply yet.

So If you have one or the other, please let me know how you like it, big thing for me is, getting the bike onto the stand. I would think that the H and B being made for the CTX700 would somehow work better and be e-z to put on the stand, but do not know for sure.

randy1149

Mike, The problem with the Webike is it's length on a CTX. You have to lift the rear of the bike with an extra oomph and to some folks like me don't have many oomphs left to get the bike up. Therefore raising the rear tire is required to prevent my testicles (all 3 of them) from falling out onto the ground.

I read somewhere the H&B stand doesn't have that problem. I hope this helps.

MJC

Super Moderator
Thanks Randy for your info. I guess I would cut down the webike stand to help. Hoping H&B stand owners will post.

BTW, if you want, take the stand off and bring it up here and I could cut it down for you. It looks like I could take 3/4" off if that would help. Just let me know, it may take a few days for me to do it, working around my pain level, so drop it off when you can be without it. No cost except mat cost.

randy1149

Thank you Mike very much for the offer. Fortunately I don't have to put the bike on the center stand often at all. With the chain oiler putting the bike on the stand is not required, either is the chain adjustment (once in 10K) thanks to the oiler again. Only other time was replacing the rear tire.

If you are going to be modifying a center stand consider one of these NC700X stands:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mutazu-Cent...-Honda-NC700X-NC700XD-2012-2015-/252717417067

I bought one of those last week. They are less expensive than the Honda stands. One end of the small spring has too small of a radius to go around the spring attachment bolt (the shoulder bolt in the photo) so I opened that up with a couple of pliers. There is no section of hose to go over the springs to protect them/the stand as they scrub across the stand (the Honda springs come with the hose) so I added one.

This came to me from about 25 miles away, and the stand had poked through the box in two places as there is no packing around the stand to keep it from moving in the box. That might be a problem on a longer trip.

Otherwise, it seems a reasonable product for a $40 or so savings.

Brunnka_CTX

OK, Who has the center stand from Webike? And Who has the center stand from Hepco & Becker?

From what I understand is the one from Webike is made by Honda, for the NC700s. You need to get 08M70-MGS-J10 and a stopper 35-21-01. Today on webike they are $181 shipped.

From Hepco and Becker, They make it for the ctx700, and the cost is $249. what I do not know is the stopper included or something I would have to get.

I sent H and B a email and asked about there unit and if I need to buy the stopper, no reply yet.

So If you have one or the other, please let me know how you like it, big thing for me is, getting the bike onto the stand. I would think that the H and B being made for the CTX700 would somehow work better and be e-z to put on the stand, but do not know for sure.

I have the Hepco and Becker stand, it does not require a stopper bolt. it has a steal tab the rests on the bottom of the shock which keeps it from coming up to far.

The bottom of the damper is the part that goes up and down as the suspension works, so that will see the stand moving up and down with it which seems less than ideal.

Steven

Speaking of the stopper bolt. I noticed that ( I think ) that my center stand bounces on harder bumps hitting the stopper bolt and making a clunking sound. Last year I found a v-shaped piece of rubber lying in the road and I picked it up for some reason. It's pretty heavy duty and look like it was used as a cushion/bumper for some automotive purpose. I was cleaning the garage and almost threw it out but it occurred to me that if I drilled out the center it would fit over the stopper bolt.

MJC

Super Moderator
Thanks to everyone for the info. I think I am going to wait til I replace the rear tire and just before then get the center stand. I will keep a eye on Ebay if a used stand comes along by then I may just jump on it.

I am thinking that the H and B may be my pick if nothing comes along used, only because I like the idea that it is made for the ctx700, and I would not have to do anything to it.

Brunnka_CTX, Is it e-z to put the bike up on the stand? How far is the rear wheel off the ground when on the stand?

Brunnka_CTX

Thanks to everyone for the info. I think I am going to wait til I replace the rear tire and just before then get the center stand. I will keep a eye on Ebay if a used stand comes along by then I may just jump on it.

I am thinking that the H and B may be my pick if nothing comes along used, only because I like the idea that it is made for the ctx700, and I would not have to do anything to it.

Brunnka_CTX, Is it e-z to put the bike up on the stand? How far is the rear wheel off the ground when on the stand?

The bike comes up pretty easy, I just get close to the bike, and bring the bike up and back while stepping on the center stand and lifting the bike with the passenger foot peg. The stand brings the back tire about 1 and 3/8s inches off the ground. I have attached a couple of pictures showing the bike on the stand and how the stand rests on the bottom of the shock when in the up position.

Attachments

• Honda 2016-3066.jpg
    Honda 2016-3066.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 476
  • CTX700N-3.jpg
    CTX700N-3.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 490

Duffy

The bike comes up pretty easy, I just get close to the bike, and bring the bike up and back while stepping on the center stand and lifting the bike with the passenger foot peg. The stand brings the back tire about 1 and 3/8s inches off the ground. I have attached a couple of pictures showing the bike on the stand and how the stand rests on the bottom of the shock when in the up position.

When the stand is up, as in the top picture, it looks like it has been coming into contact with the bottom of the shock bracket and this has resulted in some of the paint being worn off of the shock bracket bottom. Is this correct? Can you hear the stand hitting against the bottom of the shock? Making a clunking noise or some other noise? Maybe you could put a section of bicycle tire on there to stop the noise if it makes a clunking noise when it contacts the base of the shock bracket.

Or, is this completely unnoticeable? Does it hit the shock base when going down the road, over bumps, or only when you retract the stand from the down position?

Brunnka_CTX

When the stand is up, as in the top picture, it looks like it has been coming into contact with the bottom of the shock bracket and this has resulted in some of the paint being worn off of the shock bracket bottom. Is this correct? Can you hear the stand hitting against the bottom of the shock? Making a clunking noise or some other noise? Maybe you could put a section of bicycle tire on there to stop the noise if it makes a clunking noise when it contacts the base of the shock bracket.

Or, is this completely unnoticeable? Does it hit the shock base when going down the road, over bumps, or only when you retract the stand from the down position?

There is a rubber button on a metal stopper tab that contacts the shock base and that button does snap up and hit that base when you retract the stand from the down position. You don't have to worry about wearing the paint off the bottom of the shock, it isn't painted. What your seeing is a clear stop in the dirt from where that rubber bottom rides as the bike moves up and down and the shock base rotates. When you ride, the springs have enough tension to keep the stand in contract with the shock base. In other words, there stand rides smoothly in the up position and doesn't bonce around so there is no noise or clunking to hear. I'm sure that in time the rubber button will wear out and need to be replaced, but that's not a big deal. Replacement parts are available.

Woodswoman

I have the stand from Webike Japan. And I am not happy with it.

Although I was careful to order the correct part for the NC700S, I wonder whether I was shipped the taller NC700X-compatible model instead.

I have only twice succeeded in getting my bike up on the stand, and both times it took two of us to achieve it. Had center stands on both of my Burgman super-scooters, and I never had such a struggle to use them.

Our last attempt at putting my CTX up resulted in dropping it. (Cosmetic damage only, both to the bike and the husband, thankfully.) So I think I'm just done with trying to use this thing.

MJC, would you consider trading one of your belly brackets for my center stand, to cut down as you please? I greatly miss being able to put my bike up on a belly lift to work on it.

MJC

Super Moderator

Although I was careful to order the correct part for the NC700S, I wonder whether I was shipped the taller NC700X-compatible model instead.

I have only twice succeeded in getting my bike up on the stand, and both times it took two of us to achieve it. Had center stands on both of my Burgman super-scooters, and I never had such a struggle to use them.

Our last attempt at putting my CTX up resulted in dropping it. (Cosmetic damage only, both to the bike and the husband, thankfully.) So I think I'm just done with trying to use this thing.

MJC, would you consider trading one of your belly brackets for my center stand, to cut down as you please? I greatly miss being able to put my bike up on a belly lift to work on it.

Hello Woodswoman, If you bring the center stand down to me, I will cut and wield it to the right size for you, no charge. And I could make you a jack apt., too. Just I do not think it would work with a center stand. On the center stand you would have to remove it from your bike, and leave it with me. Or I could come up your way, but you would have to have it removed from your bike. PM me and we can talk about it. Thanks.

randy1149

Woodswoman, putting the rear wheel up on a 2x4 or 2x6 makes the job much easier getting the bike on the stand. As far as I know Webike does not have a stand made specifically for the CTX. Hepco & Becker are the only ones I know of that makes it for the CTX.

Steven

I just measured my webbkike stand and it raises my tire about 2 inches off the ground. If your's raises it higher than that they sent you the wrong stand. Even at 2 inches, it's a little work to get it on the stand, but it makes it nice when changing a tire.

Duffy

There is a rubber button on a metal stopper tab that contacts the shock base and that button does snap up and hit that base when you retract the stand from the down position. You don't have to worry about wearing the paint off the bottom of the shock, it isn't painted. What your seeing is a clear stop in the dirt from where that rubber bottom rides as the bike moves up and down and the shock base rotates. When you ride, the springs have enough tension to keep the stand in contract with the shock base. In other words, there stand rides smoothly in the up position and doesn't bonce around so there is no noise or clunking to hear. I'm sure that in time the rubber button will wear out and need to be replaced, but that's not a big deal. Replacement parts are available.

Thank you. Great response. Very informative. I would like to have a center stand. Not absolutely necessary but preferable.

Thumper

Something else to ponder! I have the Webbike center stand if my memory serves me correctly and it does raise the tire about 2" as Steven said. Getting the bike up definitely takes some effort but I think dropping the bike back down is probably what beat the heck out of the shock I had to replace! Since replacing that shock, I've been having my wife stand on one side and assist in dropping it down after lubing the chain or changing the tire, thereby splitting the load. I can't positively say for sure that was the cause of the destroyed rear shock, but I will take an educated guess that dropping it off constantly for maintenance didn't help it after it got weak.

MJC

Super Moderator

I sent you a PM.