spring clean?

ofdave

nice ride yesterday but rain clouds over where I usually go.
So, I thought, why not head for home and do laundry-wash the bike jackets that is.
Got home in the overcast and got the jackets and soap ready.
Then out came the sun for the rest of the afternoon. Oh well, finish what you start.
Took the back, elbow and shoulder pads out-always fun. Both jackets use the same so I can't screw up putting them back in.
Soaked the jackets (one by one) in "cold water, hand wash, do not machine dry"
Both are high-viz Firstgear, one is mesh and one is for cold weather. Never mind telling me I live in Florida so why do I need a cold weather jacket? The jacket is actually a 3 season, just won't handle 75 and up The mesh is my go to jacket above 65 when it will warm up above that, sometimes with the rain liner to block the wind.
Back to the laundry- used a soft brush on both to scrub away bugs and stains, soaked and rubbed till they looked good.
Could not believe the water was grey-they didn't seem that bad. Rinsed and re-rinsed-done.
Hung 'em up and they dried by morning.
While I was in the clean mode I stripped the insides out of my helmet and gave that a good cleaning too.
I am ready for another couple months before going back to the wash tub.
Maybe it's time to do your laundry too?

Last edited:

Steven

What I need to do is send my shock back to Boston for a spring change, apparently I need a softer spring. I also need to remove one of the shims in my cartridge Intiminators to soften the front end a little. Then I need to install a power outlet in my trunk, change my oil, install my crash bars and add highway pegs to them. Next month I send my seat out to have it upgraded to a Russel Day Long. Sometime in June I also need to swap out for new tires too.

I need some of your ambition.