70,000 on the CTX

Thumper

My wife hit 70,000 miles on the CTX today! We rode to lunch from Wesley Chapel, Fl to High Springs, Fl for lunch. On the way, she turned the odometer over to the big number. The bike has been flawless, and kudos to Honda for such a great design and quality manufacturing! Really, the bike looks like new and has been across the country several times, through all kinds of weather. She is hoping for 100,000 miles or more on this ride.

Attachments

• 70k CTX.jpg
    70k CTX.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 115

randy1149

It's not only Kudo's to Honda but your wife has to be added to that level of achievement. My hat is off to Mrs. Thumper! 70K miles on her 2014 CTX700 is something a lot of us wouldn't not even attempt.

Steven

Very impressive! You've set an example for the rest of us and glad the bike has been dependable.

:cool:

MJC

Super Moderator
I used to take photos of the speedo. When I would hit 30K I would take a photo of the speedo at 30K miles going 30 MPH, then 40K 40MPH, 50K 50MPH, 60K at 60 MPH, then just the speedo after that, 70K, 80K, up to 88K on this bike, then sold it.
001.jpg

I had, one bike when sold that had, 30+K, two over 50K, and two Vulcans one 1500 and one 1600 that each had over 75K, but never more then this 800 c-50 with 88K.

GOOD LUCK TO THE MRS ON HER QUEST TO MAKE THE 100K MARK! I am sure the CTX700 could make it.

Thumper

I'm the same way MJC! I have put lot's of miles on different bikes over the years, but I always trade them out for a new one before hitting the 100k mark. My highest mileage was a 2006 Yamaha FJR 1300 that I put 80k on. It developed a slight leak in the rear suspension and I ended up trading it on a new bike. I'm not a brand loyalist either. I like to try new models. All that will probably be changing now that I am retired soon. Fixed income and all that!

MJC

Super Moderator
Yep, once the fixed income starts, new or even used motorcycles take a back seat. For me getting one check a month that is about the same has I was making a week. has stopped me from riding more. Sometimes I just do not have gas money. Boy I am sure glad I got to ride all those miles before this....

I was trying to add up all the miles, on all the bikes I had. Then I started to think about just the bikes and forgot about adding miles ridden. I start thinking about the roads, the places, the people and its like I am there.... for this is part of me and who I am, and the total amount of miles ridden has to wait. I am not done yet.

The CTX700 I have now will be my last bike, it is far from what I started with, something I would have never owned if I did not need the DCT to keep riding. The hardest part for me is not being able to ride more. My mind is willing but the body is not, I am young (56) but after getting hurt I started to get old. I feel like I am in dog years.

My point is, ride all you can now, the roads, the miles, the places, the people, the bikes, all add up to who you are.

Ride safe and may your wife hit the 100K mark.

Thumper

Absolutely agree MJC! Your words should strike the hearts of each and every forum member here! Do it while you still can!
I am truly sorry to read that you were hurt! I hope you find your way back to full recovery eventually.
I turn 65 in a couple of weeks and have been blessed to have found motorcycles when I was 14yrs old. Been hooked all my life! I think it has kept me active and at this point, I am hoping to be one of those really old codgers still doing Ironbutts!

I may just have to find a part time job somewhere to fuel my passion but time will tell. I will do everything I can to make sure my wife and the CTX make those big miles!

Take care my friend and ride long! "The Road Goes On Forever and The Party Never Ends"

Last edited:

burdicda

I remember some years ago...after having not ridden a motorcycle at all for more than 20yrs, I got the bug really bad and spotted my "coming back to riding" dream bike setting on a motorcycle lot for sale and after bugging my wife to get it she replied "You just gotta have it right now!!!! to which I replied "YESSSSS and if I wake up tomorrow morning unable to ride ever again...I will never forgive you"
it wasn't to be hateful, but just to express the emotion of having never getting to ride again after growing up my whole life riding and when presented the opportunity to do so again...and missing it was overwhelming...