New Pictures with Winter mods

Brunnka_CTX

I installed a Madstad windshield, center stand and Corbin seat after buying the bike last May. Now that I'm sure I'm going to stretching out my riding, I added crash bars, side carrier and bags, sissy bar and back rack, and a Breakaway throttle lock over the winter. I pretty happy with the way everything turned out, as least, so far. I think I would still like to add a Garmin and a 12V socket in the future, but she’s ready to do some traveling right now. I’ve added some up to date pictures. I like it.

Attachments

• CTX700N-2.jpg
    CTX700N-2.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 407
  • CTX700N-3.jpg
    CTX700N-3.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 407
  • CTX700N-4.jpg
    CTX700N-4.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 437

ofdave

looks great!
the bags are a good size and the color match really works well
after seeing the crash bars, I am putting them on my list
nice job
No snow on the ground so it must be time to ride.

MJC

Super Moderator
Is the Webbike center stand the same has the one you have (Hepco & Becker)? looks like yours had 2 springs, how is it working, hard to put bike on and off the stand? Just wondering..

How about some photos of members with/on their bikes?

Nice work, happy riding.

randy1149

Brunnka, nice work the bikes looks great. I have one question have you gently laid the bike down to see if the saddle bags don't hit the ground? Those bags are quite wide and you might need the rear crash bars, these bars at ebay. There's some install info on this forum here. These rear crash bars were designed to fit a CTX700 with NO saddlebags or the Honda OEM bags... you can see the bars curved to go around the saddlebags... so I'm not sure they'll fit with your bags. They're the only ones I know on the market.

Last edited:

Brunnka_CTX

Is the Webbike center stand the same has the one you have (Hepco & Becker)? looks like yours had 2 springs, how is it working, hard to put bike on and off the stand? Just wondering..

How about some photos of members with/on their bikes?

Nice work, happy riding.

The center stand is not the same as the Webbike center stand. The Hepco & Becker stand cost more than the one from Webbike ($249), which makes it a no go for a lot of people. However, it is the only one I found that is made specifically for the CTX700. So it is the right height for the bike and does not require a stopper bolt. When in the up position it has a tab that rests on the bottom of the shock. The bike goes up on the stand pretty easily. I just get close to the bike, and bring the bike up and back while stepping on the center stand and lifting the bike with the passenger foot peg.

MJC

Super Moderator
The center stand is not the same as the Webbike center stand. The Hepco & Becker stand cost more than the one from Webbike ($249), which makes it a no go for a lot of people. However, it is the only one I found that is made specifically for the CTX700. So it is the right height for the bike and does not require a stopper bolt. When in the up position it has a tab that rests on the bottom of the shock. The bike goes up on the stand pretty easily. I just get close to the bike, and bring the bike up and back while stepping on the center stand and lifting the bike with the passenger foot peg.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the H and B stand is the way to go. I have heard people who installed the Webbike stand having problems with the stopper. A few cases where the bracket for the stopper bent, some where the stopper came lose and two there the center stand ended up hitting the chain when riding. Best to go with the stand made for the bike!

napper39

very nice sit up,im getting the same bike,2016 n modeal.i need to get that crash bar,if I can find where to buy one.