A good spot for lunch in Ocala, FL on Saturday/Sunday?

ponydrvr

Any recommendations? Since I'm not from these parts, wondering if anyone from these parts feels a need to ride and eat? I'm flexible on time Just prefer not before 11:30 am.

BobWitte

Any recommendations? Since I'm not from these parts, wondering if anyone from these parts feels a need to ride and eat? I'm flexible on time Just prefer not before 11:30 am.

There is a very cool BBQ chain in the central FL area that I've enjoyed maybe a 100+ times since my first foray back in the late 60's. It's called Sonny's BBQ, so give it a google to find the one nearest you when you are up there.

My trike's still not on the road or I'd meet up with you, since Ocala and it's environs is my favorite riding zone.

After all, like most other "Senior" bikers, I was born to ride and I ride to eat!!
:cool:

Last edited:

Thumper

I just saw this post! We would normally love to ride over and have lunch but my niece just came into town with family and we are having a get together. However, the Horse N Hound is a small restaurant/bar in Ocala that is one of our favorite places to ride. The surrounding roads are beautiful horse country and the food is pretty good.

http://www.horseandhoundsrestaurant.com/

ponydrvr

I rode to Tallahassee for a late lunch today. Lunch was unremarkable at the best. The weather was a bit cool but a good ride non the less. I may try to get out to Ocala on Wednesday. I'll be down here for a couple of months so I've some time to ride the smooth, flat, straight roads found 'round abouts.

Thanks for the headsup on Horse and Hound Restaurant, Thumper. Hope to meet you folks soon.