Yay! Post Christmas ride

fergy

54 degrees here in the lower Hudson Valley so I got out for a fine winter ride for a couple of hours. I was happy and the bike was happy!
But that low winter sun angle makes heading south/southwest tough.

ofdave

good for you
just don't expect that in Jan., I'm betting you'll be freezing your buns by then
haven't gotten out since Christmas Eve morning
weather was great, high 70"s
will be back out Thurs and hope to get in at least 200 mi.
Santa got me a First Gear mesh jacket and I need to break it in

Woodswoman

Fergy, I am *so* jealous!! I walked outside today to the cafeteria at work, and was amazed at what a nice day we were having in Kingston. Of course, I thought wistfully of going riding ... and I'm glad to know that you did. :)

Steven

54 degrees here in the lower Hudson Valley so I got out for a fine winter ride for a couple of hours. I was happy and the bike was happy!

Me too, but it was the day before yesterday and the same temps. It's amazing how rejuvenating a short ride can be. Today's supposed to be 44 F so I think I'll go for another ride.

randy1149

Ditto on the sun angle. After 12 noon the sun becomes blinding and takes the fun out totally.

Last edited:

ponydrvr

Jan 1st, 2017; I had a beautiful 370 mile, low to mid 30 degree, ride from Louisville to Carrollton, GA. It was beautiful because, for most of the way, I could barely see the roadway. There was a misty fog when I left at 8 AM @ 33 F. It was like that until just past Sparta, TN. The fog changed over to clouds on US 27 as we rode in the mountains headed toward Chattanooga. I had no idea that riding in clouds was like riding in a continuous wall of water! The clouds lifted south of Choo-choo town. Then the wind driven rain started! Oh what fun it was .. NOT! I could not continue by Rome, GA. Had to stop because my left boot was full of water, temps were falling to the low 40's and I was tired. I just couldn't bring my mind to press on another 80 miles. Besides it was getting dark.

It's amazing what 11 hours of sleep does for the body! Still raining, just not as hard, dry socks, boots, and gloves. Gone again @ 8 AM, 53 F (balmy) - feeling good! Destination - PCB, FL. Light spotty rain. Getting warm (60's) as I approach Dothan, AL. No more rain, just a few sprinkles temps going into the 70"s, shedding all the warm gear, feeling GREAT.

700 miles, 2 days and all is well. Looking forward to a couple of months of warm weather (relative) riding. I hope to meet many of you while I'm here.

20170103_172901.jpg

Last edited:

Thumper

Ah, ok! I was just over at Palm Coast, Fl and could not think what PCB was short for. Sounds like an interesting ride you took! Glad you are not down here this morning cause it is 30 degrees in Wesley Chapel! Going up to a high today near 52.

ponydrvr

AH, but I am down here. I'm in PCB and will be here for a couple of months. My wife drove our car down and I rode my bike down on Sunday and Monday.