CTX interest!

Shanghai Dan

So yesterday, around 10:30 AM, I was riding through downtown (old town) Oxnard, and what do I see in the left turn lane? ANOTHER CTX700! Red, full fairing. We only had a few seconds but we exhchanged pleasantries. Good to see another guy around here!

Ten minutes later, I pull over on the side of the road to park, to get my hair cut (my 6 week shearing). A young man pulls up in front of me in his early 2000s Honda Civic and gets out excitedly. Apparently this young gentleman has been looking at the CTX for a regular commuting vehicle, and he was so excited to see one on the road he followed me a few blocks. He lives in Oxnard, but goes to school (5 days a week) at CSUN - about 120 mile round trip. So he sat on my steed, I showed him the storage with the saddlebags AND the big Shad SH50 on top - and he's pretty much sold. He especially wants the DCT as he has nerve damage in his left hand and using a clutch in city traffic causes pain after 10 minutes.

Pretty wild, two "contacts" - one another rider, one a want-to-be owner - all in one day!

ofdave

I see a CTX about once every 2 months.
Have only talked to 2 different CTXers and that's been over a year ago.
Wish there were more.
It's good to see interest being shown. I just wish Honda would really get behind them.

Shanghai Dan

I still want a DCT on the Honda F6B. That would be a great combination! I hope they roll the DCT out to more of their line...

randy1149

I notice there's a few owners on these forums in my area, from the mid-Hudson down into New York City but the only one I saw was mjc on a planned eyeball.

I wonder how many people who fit the demographics of the CTX even know about them and in many cases these people don't even know they are demographics of the CTX and know there's a bike for them... especially a DCT version. And the very little high level Honda advertising adds to the lack of interest to the market.

I agree with Shanghai Dan Honda needs to put the DCT in a big time bike to get the attention of the motorcycle market. An F6B Wing with DCT would be blasted over every magazine on the market. The CTC700 DCT is still just a step up from a scooter. One of the mags I read last year was a scooter comparison with a CTX700 throw in. Right now we CTX700 riders are demographics of our own.

Thumper

DCT on the F6B could be big trouble for me!
There is a used F6B at the Honda dealer about 1/4 from my house in primer gray. I used to own a 2001 Wing and put 80k miles on it {great bike) before my desire for 2004 Venture took over. I loved that bike too! I stopped in the dealer Friday to pick up some brake pads and that F6B is speaking to me. I'm riding the DL1000 VStrom right now and since I retire this year, I am trying with all my will power to not go into debt. I couldn't get rid of the VStrom, but somebody needs to buy that F6B quickly before I get myself in trouble!

Shanghai Dan

DCT on the F6B could be big trouble for me!
There is a used F6B at the Honda dealer about 1/4 from my house in primer gray. I used to own a 2001 Wing and put 80k miles on it {great bike) before my desire for 2004 Venture took over. I loved that bike too! I stopped in the dealer Friday to pick up some brake pads and that F6B is speaking to me. I'm riding the DL1000 VStrom right now and since I retire this year, I am trying with all my will power to not go into debt. I couldn't get rid of the VStrom, but somebody needs to buy that F6B quickly before I get myself in trouble!
Heh - I hear you! That F6B just LOOKS so right, and it fits me SO nice. And that big flat 6 engine is amazing. If it had a DCT on it, I'd have the first one off the production line, and rather than riding once a month to SF, I'd do it 4 times a month.

The CTX is comfortable, but that big B is a whole 'nother league...

PA Dave

Since buying mine at the end of the summer I have only seen one other one on the road. I kind of like that no one seems to know what it is. Interestingly, only one person I've told about my bike showed any real enthusiasm and that was all about the motor, not whether or not it had the DCT. He's the Service Manager at a Kawasaki/Yamaha dealership. He seems very favorably impressed with the motor and it's configuration.

MJC

Super Moderator
I think there are a lot of people who just do not know about the DCT, I rode with randy1149, and one person in Warwick Ny let me ride his bike to check out the ctx700 dct. Never seen a DCT other then those two guys. 1 used at a dealer was a ctx700 not dct, but that was it. When I got hurt I was looking for a smaller bike and remembered that used one and went to see it, it was gone so I checked online and then found out about the DCT model. In May 2017 I will have my bike one year and can not wait to get back to riding, hoping to see more ctx700's on the road. Many people ask what my bike is and most do not even notice the dct til I point it out. So Honda drooped the ball on getting the word out on these bikes for sure. I do see Honda pushing the 500cc line but do not know if they come with dct or not so even still no big push for any dct models. I do not think a big goldwing would be a big seller with a dct because you would still have the weight of the bike and if you need the dct trans then weight is not a good thing. I would like to see a ctx1000 DCT, that would be a ctx700 with the 1000cc engine, better suspension front and rear, a bigger real gas tank (forget that storage they have now) under $10K and no more then 100 pounds more then the CTX700 DCT I have now..I can dream lol.