jfc77320 at it AGAIN!

randy1149

I'm posting this because of the impact jfc's post (LINK) on Shell T-6 5-40W oil will have on possibly hundreds maybe thousands of riders.

The issue is jfc's wrong dangerous information on the use of oil specification, relating to Shell T-6 oil. jfc is opposed to it because... here's an excerpt of jfc's overall reasons why: "It also has approved oils rated by the API system so long as it doesn't exceed the SG rating along with a caveat." So because Shell T-6 is above SG he does not recommend it.

Now here's the correct recommendation from the Honda CTX700 manual: "The API classification specifies the quality and performance rating of engine oils. Use SG or higher oils, excluding oils marked as “Energy Conserving” or “Resource Conserving” on the circular API service symbol." Which approves oils SG or HIGHER excluding energy conserving rating.

jfc.. your telling the world NOT to use oil with ratings above SG... which is absolutely incorrect and you could have people using lower specifications than they should. This is absolutely wrong and serious information to your members... you should post correcting the information with an apology to your members.

IMHO I think you should be fired. You change your feet every time you open your mouth. Putting the WRONG oil in the bikes is NOT just a little mistake, blown engines and transmissions are not cheap. It's time for you to go, you should not have the power and authority of a mod. If you had 1/2 a brain you'd be 1/4 wit.

fergy

I did a little researcher (did not take much) to set the record straight over there, but he was not buying in.

randy1149

I did a little researcher (did not take much) to set the record straight over there, but he was not buying in.
fergy and the reason he's not getting a ton of response from members telling him he's wrong is they're all afraid of his history of threats of warnings and bannings.

It's interestingly why those members put up with this guy by supporting the forum? You don't have to quit, just stop posting... let the place be a morgue. Supporting the forum supports jfc and all his fabrication, lies and threats which he does now with impunity to liability. What good is information and help if you can't believe it?

Steven

Caveat emptor...

People need to be careful of advice. I bought a new car many years ago and the shop manger at the dealership was telling my how awful synthetic was and it that it would destroy my engine. I have been using synthetic for about 30 years now and have never once had any problem. As a matter of fact, I traded my old car in at 250k miles and the engine was the only thing that was still in good shape, rust got the better of the rest of the car.

As for jfc, he was also on facebook telling people that the answers to all their questions would be found on his site. The fact is that for the particular question asked, his site would not answer it. This site would (about shocks and firming up the ride.) The guy asking the question was sent on a wild goose chase. I admit that his site had good information for setting the sag, but not for firming up the ride.

He should be ashamed of himself.

fergy

fergy and the reason he's not getting a ton of response from members telling him he's wrong is they're all afraid of his history of threats of warnings and bannings.

It's interestingly why those members put up with this guy by supporting the forum? You don't have to quit, just stop posting... let the place be a morgue. Supporting the forum supports jfc and all his fabrication, lies and threats which he does now with impunity to liability. What good is information and help if you can't believe it?

Unfortunately I don't think that the other forum will die off due to the these mods. There still are plenty of regular folk who are just posting useful info, or asking pertinent questions. I have no stomach for arguing with these guys, but posting solid info might keep others from just following the party line over there. We are all responsible for evaluating what is posted and doing our own research to come to valid conclusions. Hey, I have been using T6 in my cars, my scooters and now my CTX and I don't give a damn what he thinks. I know it is working just fine. But I do understand where you are coming from.

ofdave

I saw that thread.
He is incredibly ignorant and has the ego of a rapper.
He said he didn't want the thread to become one of those oil threads.
Then he took it down that path.
A horse's ass for sure.

Merlin III

Caveat emptor...

People need to be careful of advice. I bought a new car many years ago and the shop manger at the dealership was telling my how awful synthetic was and it that it would destroy my engine. I have been using synthetic for about 30 years now and have never once had any problem. As a matter of fact, I traded my old car in at 250k miles and the engine was the only thing that was still in good shape, rust got the better of the rest of the car.

As for jfc, he was also on facebook telling people that the answers to all their questions would be found on his site. The fact is that for the particular question asked, his site would not answer it. This site would (about shocks and firming up the ride.) The guy asking the question was sent on a wild goose chase. I admit that his site had good information for setting the sag, but not for firming up the ride.

He should be ashamed of himself.
I saw that. I still think he has a financial interest on that site-I don't care what anyone says to the contrary. :)

ofdave

got this back in March
It shows the mod=God mentality over there

"Due to your posts with 'jfc' we mods have decided to give you a 3 day suspension. We can tolerate people 'going back and forth' but when you challenge a mod we need to take action. We have said many times on the forum that we just can't allow members to challenge mods since it could cause others to do the same. So we will issue a 3 day suspension and then you are welcome back to join the forum."

So the mods say whatever, even if it's wrong-you cannot call BS on them.
Sounds fair to me.

Steven

Actually the same here, no rules were broken. If you put that into political terms, we were living in a country where people who spoke out against the government were sent to prison or exiled. However in this case, even trying to discuss the matter in a civil manner with the leadership results in threats and banishment. What do you think the world view is on nations like that.

Sorry about jumping back and forth with the analogy, I just woke up and my head isn't clear yet.

PA Dave

I'm glad I happened upon this site...:)

I've noticed some of what is being referenced in this thread. It's a shame though, as there are some very knowledgeable and helpful people there. I hope to see this site grow.

Steven

I'm actually surprised that you even noticed it. Normally they will delete a post and then use PM to threaten, so that no one actually sees this going on.

PA Dave

I'm actually surprised that you even noticed it. Normally they will delete a post and then use PM to threaten, so that no one actually sees this going on.
Sorry, actually what I noticed was that particular people seem to respond to every question and always with an authoritarian tone that "corrects" all other posted advice or information. I haven't been privy to threats or banning yet.

Merlin III

Sorry, actually what I noticed was that particular people seem to respond to every question and always with an authoritarian tone that "corrects" all other posted advice or information. I haven't been privy to threats or banning yet.

That is also my experience PA Dave. The authoritarianism in that site is very clear. I did notice JFC actually advertising his site on FB. I had to laugh.