Question for owners of GIVI top case brackets

popeyoni

Hi,

I recently upgraded to a Corbin seat, which happens to be incompatible with the Shad top box bracket.
However the Shad plate has lots of different mounting options, and it occurred to me that it might fit the Givi brackets.

If you own the Givi top case brackets, can you reply with the distance between the holes for mounting the plate?
(front to back and side to side)

Thanks

randy1149

Popeyoni, your not locked into using the holes and mounting hardware on the Shad Plate. Drill your own holes and using heavy duty cable ties gives you a lot of leeway attaching it to the brackets and use the Shad Plate mounting hardware that fits. Drill your own holes for them also.

Last edited:

Merlin III

Here is a photo of my Givi. Dimensions are in inches. Those are the bolts that attach to the Givi support arms. If I have failed to answer your question let me know.

Givi 2.jpg

popeyoni

Thanks a lot for this.

I measured the Shad plate and it looks like the holes on the brackets are OK for width, but not for length.
I might have to drill two new holes through the brackets.
Are the brackets made of thick steel? (the Shad ones are a little under 1/8" thick)

I could also make an "adapter" plate with holes compatible with both pieces.

Drilling through the plastic Shad plate is probably the easiest option, but I don't think it would look as good when the box is off, so I'd rather avoid it.

Shanghai Dan

I use a Shad top case (SH50) - but I used the Honda rear carrier and the generic mounting plate that comes with the SH50. No problems at all with a Corbin seat and the factory passenger handles.

Shanghai Dan

Price out the Shad vs. Givi solution, my guess is the Shad+Honda will be close to the same price. And you get what you originally wanted - Shad case with Corbin seat.

popeyoni

The Givi brackets are $110.
The Honda rear carrier is $149 and the backrest brackets required to mount it are $129 for a total of $278 (from Honda).

I found a Honda set on eBay that includes the backrest for $189, but the seller has some questionable feedback.

randy1149

The Givi brackets are $110.
The Honda rear carrier is $149 and the backrest brackets required to mount it are $129 for a total of $278 (from Honda).

I found a Honda set on eBay that includes the backrest for $189, but the seller has some questionable feedback.

Checkout Procalbier.com when your looking for Honda OEM parts. They seem to be the best. The $149 carrier is $119.96 and the $129 mount is $103.96 for a total of $223.92 no tax and free shipping.

Last edited:

popeyoni

UPDATE: I installed the Givi racks. The Shad plate can fit only two of the Givi mounting holes directly. I chose to use the ones in the front.
However, the Shad provides some clamp-like pieces that can be used to secure the rear of the plate to the Givi rack. The whole thing wasn't hard at all.
I will provide photos later in case anyone else needs to do it.