Hello, hello-anybody home?

ofdave

where is everyone?

waiting for the install vid from woodswoman, no word from mjc or thumper or burdicda or troupe the rest

hope all is well and mass desertion has not occurred

MJC

Super Moderator
Hello! I am home it is getting cold here and the leaves are just about all done falling.....so I am outside cleaning them up. We are behind in getting the outside done before winter because my wife says "someone was out riding"...lol. We just closed the pool last week and covered it, then started on bring the patio things in to the basement, cleaned the bbq and covered that too...The last few days we have been doing the leaves, trying to make a clear path to our front door for Halloween. We had over 200 kids come by on Halloween, I asked the older ones if they wanted to make some money and help clean up the leaves....no takers!

Today I need to go out and ride....told the wife, "have to make sure the battery does not go dead in the bike".

Maintenance on a home is not something I like to do and has the years go by my body agrees more and more.....Go for a ride, the work on the home can wait til spring....unless spring comes early, then ride....in summer we can do the work...open the pool, then my wife will say "lets enjoy the pool before fall", which I will say, sure right after I get back from riding.............

Merlin III

I am building an apartment over my newly moved garage. This project has taken about 6 months so far doing most of the work myself. I'll maybe ride some today if it isn't raining. I have about two more weeks left on the project.

burdicda

http://www.greenknights36.com/gallery3/index.php/My-CTX-So-Far

Speakers and running lights or uhhh "working lights" http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200648983_200648983
the lights were just blaaaaahhhh out there...everywhere...a wall of light..so I had to tune them almost straight down to keep all the cops in town from pulling me over...but wow they are still cool...lights up four lanes at once and now shines up about half way to the hood of an oncoming car...not in their eyes.

Oh and did I mention deer whistles...supposedly just a scam...but where I ride....I'll take the chance...

The speakers are Motorola from a police car radio $5 at a ham radio festival or military surplus the cut-off for them is 200hz bottom and 3khz top no wasted amp power used and they will make your ear drums bleed if pushed...8 ohm 20W but so middle eq they are just right, I don't even have to crank them all the way up at 100mph with horrendous wind...still can be heard by everyone within 20 feet in any lane...hahaha

Last edited:

Thumper

Sorry, I am lurking in the background! I have been pretty busy lately. Weekend rides are too short and don't come fast enough for me right now. Holding off till Christmas holidays and will be doing some maintenance on the bikes. Valve adjustment, wheel bearings and brake pads for CTX, Brake pads and fluid change for Vstrom.

Last edited:

burdicda

Wow I just rode my old VS1400 Intruder to the local bike shop for them to sell on consignment and whew....
What a difference...I don't think I could ever go back to a regular sit upright pegs behind your knees old school motorcycle again.

casper

Still here of course. Busier than a one armed paper hanger in a windstorm! Between work and personal I can hardly keep up. Mornings here are in the 30s. Still commuting and thank goodness for my heated gear. Actually pleasant to ride because of it.