Jfc from other forum - Jon Cromer

Steven

I had put this all behind me, then this...

I just had a conversation with John Cromer aka jfc (moderator) from the other forum while on the facebook page. He was defending himself and his actions towards the members he mistreated. A word of caution, he will surely read this so if you care about getting in trouble on the other forum, be careful what you say, he will certainly use it against you.

He said, "I can assure you, anyone banned from the forum (5 in three years) violated the rules and well established forum etiquett."

How is that for total nonsense. I invited him to come here and explain what these banned members were guilty of.

BTW, my crime was to post a video of the CTX700, but youtube inserted an ad in the video (not my doing). He deleted it before anyone had a chance to see it saying I had violated forum rules. This is odd because just about any link that anyone posts leads to an ad of some sort. In addition, I reposted the link so that people would have to copy and paste to another web browser to see it but another member corrected it and reposted my video, but nothing was said about that. This tells me that for some reason, Jon was out to get me. It was a personal vendetta of some sort. This makes no sense to me because I never had any dealing with jon before except for buying his bracket and I treated him with nothing but respect.

I then complained about my post being deleted and the next thing I know, it's deleted, and jon is sending me a pm complaining about me saying anything about the deletion. I then posted that I was going to notify the owners about what was occurring on the site and then the next thing is that Rebel sent me a pm giving me "two" warnings for the same thing. Needless to say, that was also deleted.

I then took it off site and sent jon an email in which I complained about him and Rebel. That was when jon banned me. Granted, I could have been nicer, but in consideration, I was much nicer than he deserved. In my book, if two men have a disagreement they stand toe to toe and discuss it like men, (I'm not speaking of getting physical.) Jon won't do this. Rebel won't do this. How can a person respect people like this? How can these people look in the mirror and think, "I'm a good person because I didn't give the other person a chance to say anything".

I've been on the Internet since it's inception and on many forums, and I have never seen moderators act the way they do. They act as dictators and if anything is said about how they act, they threaten. This is unacceptable. If I were a business owner and these people treated my customers in this manner I would fire them.

Jon, if your reading this, you're more than welcome to speak your mind. That's the way it is here on this forum. Everyone get's along.

Last edited:

ofdave

I wonder how he justifies deleting posts that show him wrong. He did it more than once.
He doesn't know that once a post has been quoted and later deleted, the quote of that post does not go away.
I find he cannot post back-up sources to the drivel he posts as truth and when asked for sources he ignores the question.
I too, hope he reads this thread. Several of us here know he is a liar.
This forum surely does not need what he and useless rebel bring to the party.
It is my opinion that he and rebel were spoken to by forum admin. about their behavior. They did seem to tone it down a bit.
Sadly, he and the other useless one hold themselves out to be gods of motorcycling truth, when they so often speak BS.

Merlin III

I have never been banned, but from day one I detected the attitude from them that Steven expressed. My first impression was that they were the owner's of the site. Others have told me that I am wrong, so it must be that they are just very inexperienced at moderating a website. As for advertising, I have to laugh when John keeps promoting and selling his brackets the way he does, and then gets upset about a YouTube video with a YouTube embedded advertisement in it.

In the years since I have been on these forums, I have never seen Steven come any where close to being offensive in any way. On the contrary, his postings, are top notch informational. It is definitely the other forum's loss.

troup1998

way back in the mid 90's I didn't get banned but I got the brunt of my actions. The admin signed me up for a bunch of sites.

My crime; deservedly so; (again this was 20 years ago). I posted an automated link to the Univ of Florida Gator fight song on a Univ of Tennessee message board. So, whenever the forum page loaded it played the UF fight song. ;););)

Woodswoman

I invited him to come here and explain what these banned members were guilty of.

Just my 2 cents: I really, really hope he does not. I joined this forum to get away from the drama and tension.

So ... nice day if it doesn't rain. Who's gonna ride? I hope to, once the weather clears. We've got some awesome foliage in the Catskills this weekend.

Merlin III

It is currently raining heavily here in Portland, Maine. Late today it should clear, but with the Patriots game today and then the debate later, I am pretty sure my neighbors and wife won't let me go? I rode yesterday and didn't see very many other riders out? What is up with that?

MJC

Super Moderator
"...............How is that for total nonsense. I invited him to come here and explain what these banned members were guilty of....."
".........................They act as dictators and if anything is said about how they act, they threaten. This is unacceptable...."
"....................on this forum. Everyone get's along."

I think you said it all, that is nonsense, unacceptable, you just left out that everyone get's along on this forum but we do not always agree and are open to views that do not agree with are own. That opinions matter and help is always welcome.

I will also add that when you do not agree with a dictator, you are a threat to them, and in their world you are wrong no matter what you say and they are right. So you can invite him to come here and explain what these banned members were guilty of, but you and all the other Free and open thinking people just need to know you are guilty....guilty of what a forum is all about, open talking that may not be in agreement of others, looking for the right answer, asking questions when you know what you heard is wrong, offering help on something with the understanding that the help you offer may not be the only answer.

just my 2 cents. lol.

Steven

Just my 2 cents: I really, really hope he does not. I joined this forum to get away from the drama and tension.

So ... nice day if it doesn't rain. Who's gonna ride? I hope to, once the weather clears. We've got some awesome foliage in the Catskills this weekend.

Don't worry, he will never come. It's not his nature to discuss, to have a two way conversation. Besides, he is too afraid that he may say something that we can use against him.

As far as the weather, now that the days are cooler the nights are getting very cool. It gets really chilly without a shield. I've been riding almost every day, but I think I have all the things I need to put my bike back together, I just need to do it.

BTW, to put a face to the name... jfc

Attachments

• John Cromer 2.jpg
    John Cromer 2.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

Woodswoman

I took this photo yesterday from my front porch. It wasn't sunny then, nor is it today, but the mountains are still aglow with fall colors.

Originally it had been predicted to be sunny today, but that hasn't happened. It's not 50 degrees yet, and feels damp. So riding probably won't happen this afternoon, I'm sad to say.

There's a frost watch up here tonight. I can see the end of my riding season on the horizon, dammit.

Last edited:

Steven

From your front porch? I am so envious!.. Those colors are beautiful! Do you and your hubby have a back room I can rent so I could live there? :)

fergy

Beautiful view! I am also a Hudson Valley rider, but from a bit further south among the apple orchards.

Woodswoman

Steven, I wish I could send some of our colors out to you, and to my sister. She moved to Illinois about 35 years ago, and she says one of the things she misses the most about home is the fall foliage.

Fergy, it's pretty fabulous up here right now. (FYI: I'm near Hunter Mountain.) If you have tomorrow off, c'mon up into the Catskills and soak it up.

Thumper

That is really beautiful! Love that stone wall too! Growing up in Florida, I wouldn't survive the winters up there though.

MJC

Super Moderator
I took this photo yesterday from my front porch. It wasn't sunny then, nor is it today, but the mountains are still aglow with fall colors.

Originally it had been predicted to be sunny today, but that hasn't happened. It's not 50 degrees yet, and feels damp. So riding probably won't happen this afternoon, I'm sad to say.

There's a frost watch up here tonight. I can see the end of my riding season on the horizon, dammit.

Thanks for the great photo, going to your area end of this week and the weekend. great to know that the leaves are ready for viewing....Last year I missed it.

Downshifter

Steven, you posted your frustrations in the proper manner, and im sure some agree with you, but in my opinion, you went a bit to far in posting his picture. This is just my opinion...

Jim.....

Steven

Perhaps, but I saw no harm. It's only a picture which shows nothing of any value other than putting a face to the name. Besides, he was the one who posted the picture (not here on this site) in the first place, not me. Still, I'll keep what you said in mind. I also have more information on jfc, but I kept that off the forum because I felt it was not directly related to the issue. I truly don't care one way or another about this man, unless he initiates a conversation with me, at which point I will speak my mind, which he did, and which is why I posted what I did. He is what he is and what's done is done, but my real concern is not so much with jfc, it's more with the people that own the forum who allow people like him to represent them.

I'm sorry that I offended you.

Last edited: