2017 Honda CB 1100 RS

Woodswoman

Hey, I just realized that I can post about bikes other than the CTX700 on this forum without being "tsk-tsk"ed! Woo hoo!!!

Honda is offering a new variant of the CB1100 for 2017. Hubba, hubba! Especially the white model.

https://rideapart.com/articles/2017-honda-cb1100-rs-classic-cool

When I was at the dealership to look at the CTX700N, there was a CB1100ES parked right next to it. Of course, I threw a leg over it ... and almost changed my mind about which bike I was buying.

Between the CB1100, and the super-cool Bonneville models that Triumph is producing, I have an awful yen for a retro bike! Why couldn't I have been born rich instead of good looking? LOL!

Merlin III

Woodswoman, I am in complete agreement. There are so many great bikes out there. I love the Bonnevilles and the BMWs F700GS adventure bikes. All affordable. I have made a tentative decision to go to National Power Sports in Concord, NH tomorrow just to sit on many of the hundreds of used bikes. Who knows what will happen. I can always use another bike, right?

That CB1100 is a beauty.

ofdave

Have always lusted after the CB1100.
That red one is sharp but the white sidecover on it looks out of place. Red or even black would look better to me.
Then they show the white one with spoke wheels-that's a pretty bike.
Over on ADV rider there's a CB1100 thread with lots of pics of what some have done with them. Make a visit to see some really sharp retro looking bikes.
It'd be tough to choose between the T120 Bonnie (or the Street Twin) and the CB1100-then there's the Moto GUzzi Griso 1200 that is way nice too.
Like Woodswoman, I got the looks and not the money so one of them isn't likely in my future. :(

Thumper

I agree the CB1100 would be nice to have in the stable if I had money to burn! I owned two CB750's in the 70's and this bike strikes a nerve for sure. However, I have always lusted for a Trump (no pun intended) since I can remember and this new iteration really is making it hard for me not to pull the trigger on one. I am also stalking the new 2017 Vstrom 650 in yellow! Lighter than my DL1000 and I love the new look! Much more practical for my style of riding, but ohhhh that Bonneville T120 keeps calling to me! Practicing restraint is not my strong suit!