Aux power connectors

Steven

I have the pig tail aux power connector but can't seem to find where to get the male connectors. Anyone have an idea?

Steven

Never mind... I'm just going to cut the connectors off and add some SEA connectors. btw, I can't believe how light a gauge of wire they use for the aux circuits, perhaps 18 gauge split into 4 connectors. It hardly seems enough for the 7.5 amp circuit. I'm gong to wire the 12 volt power outlet directly to the battery (but fused).

ofdave

Good point, steven
I even add a fuse when I tie into any existing circuit.
Added extra brake lights with a modulator and put a 7.5 fuse in line.
That way if my add-on shorts out the main brake light will still work.
It may be over kill but I'm anal about protecting electrics.

Steven

Thanks Jim, but I actually I ordered some connectors from them and they are too small. It's not their fault, it's mine because I don't know what to get. The ones I got looked right in the pictures. Honda sells two electrical accessories for the CTX, the heated grips and the aux port that fits inside the glove box. The heated grips fit in the plug on the front of the bike and the aux power port fits in the side power outlet. I don't know why they make us buy the pig tail since it gives us 4 connection points, but don't sell the male plugs to add additional circuits. Besides, the plugs are way over sized for the wire gauge.

In any case, I want the 12 volt outlet to be able to handle an air compressor and the 7.5 amp aux circuit is not enough. That's why I'm going to connect the 12 volt outlet directly to the battery, fused of course.

I want to be able to run a GPS, a few usb battery chargers, a phone, a usb tablet, and another 12 volt supply to charge an Antigravity battery jumper . I'm also considering adding a couple of switches to cut power to the 12 volt power circuits which would be connected directly to the battery. I need to get a usb amp meter to determine what each load is so that I don't go over the 7.5 amp rating. I would prefer to not exceed 5 amp.

Under normal every day riding I don't need all of this, but if I'm on the road away from home for an extended period, this would be nice. The way I figure it is that there are two things that will stop me dead in my tracks, a flat tire, and a dead battery. I've ordered what I need to handle a flat. Since the CTX can't be push started, I need to be able to jump the battery if needed. I plan to be out in the boonies in Utah with the possibilities that another rider/driver won't be around to help me if I have battery problems so a jump starter is what's needed. I realize that both these issues are rare, but since I have the option to be prepared, then why not.

Downshifter

when your travelling, weight and bulk of what you carry can be a huge factor. most things are only needed for a once shot emergency are too big to carry, but smaller alternatives will do wonders in a pinch. A small patch kit and either some air cartridges, or a small bicycle pump will get you back on the road and far enough to get to a service station...

jim.....

Steven

I picked up these things to carry with me. The air compressor is a little larger than I would like, but I have the room. I bought two different tire patch kits. I got the Stop & Go because it was quick and easy plus if the air compressor stopped working the CO2 might help getting to where I need to get. I was reading the in a nail goes in at an angle the Slime tire patch kit would be better. Neither of these take much room.

Dynaplug air compressor: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GRS2Y0I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Stop & Go tire repair: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BBSD9C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Slime tire repair: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ET525K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1