many hours on my bike today

troup1998

spent many hours on my bike today

Put the Cee Bailey 22" windshield and saddlebags on; took off my old ugly case from my former scooter.

The windshield was rather easy except 2 of the white plastic clips broke. I ordered 4 more for $3.96:), just in case the other 2 break when I put the new ones one.

The saddlebags were a different story. Took us quite a while determining all the coverings we had to remove. Instructions were typically simple, but we got it and they look great.

I had no idea what a windshield would do! My former scooter didn't have one. It really does wonders. I might even take the facemask off my helmet.

And I'm right at 600 miles, just filled up again and am very pleased with 71.4 mpg (running 89 octane ethanol-free gas-Wawa).
20161001_193553.jpgacarCarMgmtApp.jpg

Last edited:

Merlin III

Nice! I think everyone breaks those white clips the first time. Did I mention I hate plastic. My fear is that the next time in the future, I will have forgotten the nuances of taking off the windscreen and break those clips again.

Steven

A good windshield is a wonderful thing to have. I really miss mine (still waiting on parts to complete upgrades.)

When I had my windshield I almost never closed my visor.

Last edited:

troup1998

I have easy access to ethanol-free gas. When I started putting it in the scooter it ran so much better. Price of the difference isn't a big deal so I continue to put it in, but it's great to know 87 works well.

The scooter would run like crap on ethanol.

And, my wife's C250 requires premium gas, which gets pricy when buying 15 gallons.

Can't wait for Mt Dora