go pro style camera

troup1998

Well, I got the camera and have had 2 days to play with it. Not enough to really understand exactly how it all works.

I have never used a real goPro camera so I don't have anything to compare it too; except price $67 vs $300-$400 to about $500 for the new GoPro Hero5 that shoots 4K video.

Like the goPro, there is an app you can download and a wireless remote (which I attached to the handlebars but never used it).

It looks exactly line the SooCoo camera posted by Steven.

Pros:
1. It works
2. Picture quality is quite good. 4K too at 25 frames per second (that's 3840 x 2160 pixels; double HD of 1980x1080)
3. Holds a 64GB card
4. Lots of extra attachments come with it. Basically everything you need to attach it, plus a waterproof case.
5. includes 2 batteries
6. Once received, they will email you asking for a review. Follow their instructions with the review and you a free gift. Accessories kit or a 32GB card. The accessories include a standalone battery charger and 6 other items. I'm looking forward to the standalone battery charger.

Cons:
1. Again, I don't know how goPros work, but the buttons took me a bit to get used to. GoPros may be the same interface. The SooCoo buttons look the same. I've gotten better with it but I still push the wrong buttons sometimes.
2. Battery doesn't last real long. It's relatively small. It says it is a 1050mAh.
3. user interface seems to be typical chinese stuff. Again, it works but it's not as intuitive to use as I would want, though I'm getting used to it.
4. It only creates MOV files. I'm not a video expert, but it would be nice if I could pick from other file formats such as MP4, WMV.
5. The app seems somewhat worthless. I tried to download one of my files and it took too long, so I bailed on it.

While recording, it creates files in increments. The HD videos are at 10 minutes each which become about 2.5GB. It automatically creates new files. The 4K video files are 5 minutes at about the same size. I have not tried to create lower quality (smaller size) videos yet.

Would I buy it again? For $65, probably so, but if I was really really into this sort of thing I might spring for the full $300 GoPro.

As soon as I can cut one of the videos into a small snippet I'll post it online.

Last edited:

Steven

A problem I had with mine is that the display wasn't bright enough to see if it was on or off in the day light.

burdicda

A year ago during bikeweek at Daytona at the speedway there was a booth selling cameras called "LE CAM" LE for law enforcement.
They claimed they were GoPro's (the guts) from China but with different housings. The camera's were selling for just over a hundred dollars but had all the features of the five hundred dollar GoPro silver. One of our guys in our bike club bought one and swears by it, so might wanna look around for that thing if you see it or spot it online..

burdicda

Yea...they don't last long...and the on button system is lousy...I bought a tiny tiny camera case and had a leather belt maker put a stainless rivet in it so I had to take my belt off to put it on...slide on...so I didn't lose it while motorcycling..
I have to carry my camera with both batts out of the camera to make sure the one in the camera is not dead run down from brushing against the camera on button.
I have a Real GoPro Hero Silver with all attachments...Christmas present from the whole family...

Thumper

Overall clarity is pretty good! Just an opinion but, you should mount it on you helmet or somewhere else, so the windscreen isn't in th view. No vibration though and it is impressive. I spent a lot more $$$ on my setup!

Steven

after using this camera for a bit for the past few months, the downside is battery life. It's really poor.

I know what you mean. I was thinking about drilling a hole in my case so I can USB charge it while riding. I don't care if it's waterproof.

I was thinking that I would use mine to make a movie of my next trip and I think about five minutes at a time is all I need to capture the essence of the ride. Again, I wish I had a remote like you do.

Did you post any videos?

Last edited:

Steven

Oh btw, I just ordered another action camera like I had, but with remote. I'll keep the non-remote when I'm off the bike. The non-remote was too hard to see in direct sunlight to see if it was on and would have been a pain to turn on and off often.