Resetting of the Trip meters.

randy1149

If you forget which button (B) to reset the trip meter and you press and hold the A button by mistake the entire gauge is locked up for 15 seconds and if you press the B button within that 15 seconds your gauge will go into program mode, flashing the number of your display light level. The A button "acts" as if it is stuck on... for 15 seconds. At that point you can get out of the program mode by holding the A & B buttons until your back to normal. Alternatively if you realize you did press the A button by mistake, don't press anything and wait 15 seconds for the A button to recycle back to normal.

I know how smart the people on this forum are and they will most certainly know why I made up this post about pressing the wrong button to reset this simple function of the B button... even a child can do it. Although Honda put the trips meters on the left side and the resetting button on the right side can confuse some of those children... don't ya think?

Last edited:

ofdave

It is no more difficult than programming my coffee pot.
It's 2:37 am and I get a full pot. Just like I planed. Right?

Woodswoman

When I goof up the button sequence to reset my trip meters -- and I'm abashed at how often I have done so -- and wind up in the 'flashing' mode, I power the bike off and on again. Since I'm always either in my garage or at a gas pump when this happens, I figure there's no harm.

Off on a tangent, does anyone know whether both the A or B meters record only 3 digits' worth of data?

I took a road trip a couple of years ago, and put on about 1500 miles in a week. I set the A meter when I left home, and left it untouched the whole time, to record the entire distance. I relied on the B meter to track miles between fill-ups.

I got home and was crestfallen to discover that the A meter had evidently reached 999 miles, and rolled over to zero. Fortunately, I got my "trophy photo" for posterity of the trip meter on Mike's Vaquero.

Would I have been able to record my entire distance if I'd used the B meter instead? Or is does this peculiar limitation reach across the board?

randy1149

You can turn the bike off and start from scratch... just don't press the A button again. Both trip meters are 3 digits. Just have to count how many times the meters reset themselves.

ponydrvr

The trip meters go to 999 then turn over. I found it more helpful to photo the odometer at the start and finish. I also photo each odometer reading at each stop if those records are required or desired. Just remember to photo a location reminder.