Auxillary foot pegs

Merlin III

I got this photograph from Andy on Facebook who did this auxiliary foot peg mod. He and another guy swear by it in terms of comfort. It is very easy to do. Any thoughts?

foot peg.jpg

randy1149

Thanks Merlin... at a glance it's probably a better location to bring your legs back to take your butt off your spine... but there doesn't look like there's much room to place your foot... and the heat generated there between the muffler and lower engine casing must play a role? Looking closer I see what's is probably the remnants of his heel scuffing on the mufflers heat shield... I'll pass.

burdicda

Oh wow the last post was Dec 1 2013...and there are a dozen different variations all older than that one...
I think I'll hang out here....LOL

Merlin III

Randy, the heat shield doesn't get very hot. The foot pegs are CX500 standard pegs.

burdicda, by all means stay here, but the FB page is alive and well. Look again.

ofdave

I like it.
Often I hook my foot on the rear peg and this seems it would be easier on the knees.
Any instruction, where to drill, etc.? Or how it's actually mounted

Merlin III

Ofdave, From what I understand, there is an existing bolt that you take out and then include the CX500 pegs in the configuration when you replace it. One guy rapshed a part of the new peg just a little to allow a better fit at the heat shield. The other guy apparently didn't have to do that.