want a CTX700 DCT, a couple of questions

troup1998

1. when is the 2017 model coming out? should I wait for it? what are the differences? I'm hoping for a larger storage area.

2. What are the differences between the 2015 and 2016 models?

3. Can a Samsung Note4 size phone fit in the small storage area?

Currently, I ride a Linhai Aeolus 300(275cc) scooter. First bike ever for me and it has been good to me; 15K miles in a little over 2 years of driving it to/from work M-F. I even sold the Mini Cooper I loved because I prefered riding each day.

Been looking for something different for a few months. Thought I wanted a larger scooter; test drove a Piaggio BV350 that sat way too high for me. Then, I ran across the CTX700 DCT. Now, I've got to have a CTX700! more power, sits very well for me, automatic, great mpg. Storage is my only issue with the CTX700.

Thanks,
Mike
Longwood, FL

Steven

As for storage, get some saddle bags or a trunk, you'll be surprised on how much you can carry. I have the trunk (55 liter) and I find it can carry pretty much all I need, even lots of groceries. No matter what I'm doing I rarely need to take the car.

I can't answer your other questions.

ofdave

welcome, Mike!
you won't be disappointed with the CTX.
No, your Samsung probably won't fit in the glovebox. The depth will likely keep it from turning to fit. Width is fine.
Take it with you when you go see one.
Like Steven said, you'll do better with a top box and/or bags. Seems there's always something to carry.
No word on the '17s that I've heard.
No difference between 15 and 16. They have a slightly different seat than the 14-it sits you closer to the tank which is good for shorter legs.
Don't know what dealers near you have for stock but a 15 leftover can be had at a good deal.
The dealer here has two.
I would not wait-take advantage of the deals that are out there to be had.

Brad

I'm not sure about the Note 4, but I managed to put my iPhone 6 Plus in the area right with the gas cap and close the hatch lid during a nasty thunderstorm. The iPhone wouldn't fit in the tiny glove box, but it was better protected in the gas cap area than on my belt.

randy1149

I won't ditto the other replies. To add to your iPhone, I have a trunk with a 12v accessory plug I installed... if raining I plug my phone in the trunk and Bluetooth it to my helmet for music and phone calls. I use the "glove box" for permanent Easy Pass storage... it does work from there.

You will NOT be disappointed with this bike and I strongly recommend DCT. It is the easiest bike at this size to ride... bar none.

Woodswoman

I'm not sure about the Note 4, but I managed to put my iPhone 6 Plus in the area right with the gas cap and close the hatch lid during a nasty thunderstorm. The iPhone wouldn't fit in the tiny glove box, but it was better protected in the gas cap area than on my belt.

Good save, Brad! However, be aware that the hatch is not water-proof. I used to store the owner's manual in there. Then I washed the bike for the first time, with a garden hose. Now I have a very wrinkly owner's manual.

Steven

troup, you're really going to like the CTX. It's not going to be as nimble in town as your scooter, but compared to many other motorcycle it's one of the best handling bikes out there. Besides, with the CTX, there is no limit on how far you can go, coast to coast if that's what you want to do.

troup1998

troup, you're really going to like the CTX. It's not going to be as nimble in town as your scooter, but compared to many other motorcycle it's one of the best handling bikes out there. Besides, with the CTX, there is no limit on how far you can go, coast to coast if that's what you want to do.

Actually I believe it will be much more nimble. my scooter has been described as a "sled". Size-wize It's about like a Burgman.

Thanks for the replies. too much work going on or I'd be out there looking again. I should have tossed my phone in the compartment the one time I saw a CTX700 DCT.

one thing I like on the scooter is the large glovebox; something I'll have to give up or use one of the alternative ideas.

I actually lost my former samsung s4 on I4 (on the Fairbanks curves); it fell out of my pocket. I called it and it was still alive, tried to drive by and look for it but, if you know the Fairbanks curves and the "ultimate I4" construction then you know it's impossible to stop and look for anything. I called again and it was dead; somebody finally ran over it. At least no one got my information from it. so, I need somewhere better than my pocket to put my phone:)

This is what I want; found on cycletrader. It has a topbox, side bags and larger windshield. Problem is, it's in RI and I'm in Orlando. 2015 CTX700 DCT $5000, 4000 miles with the extras.
CTX700D.jpg

Last edited:

troup1998

Done deal; dealt that scooter away. got the temp gauge up to 80% on the way there. glad to not worry about that thing anymore.

I think I did ok, final out the door was $7915, 2016 CTX700 DCT/ABS. I added on the 5 year Honda Protection plan for $660. Anyone know about that?

it was a really nice ride home! can't wait to go to work tomorrow:)

burdicda

That's a really good deal and I also bought the Honda Care package for $700
It supposedly covers everything but normal wear and tear items...structural and electrical failures for 5 years at any Honda
dealer/garage anywhere for 5 years no parts charge, no labor charge, no deductible...

I like wise bought a 2016 CTX700DG DCT ABS w/Fairing and made darn sure as soon as I received the Honda Care pkg in the mail
that I used the maintenance record area in the back to document the very first service 600 miles by the dealer and had them write it in there and sign/stamp it so they could never blame me for at least the initial 600 and the next 8000 valve adj visits...

Oh and troup you gotta show for that Mt. Dora meetup Sat 8 Oct Trimble Park if at all possible...with the new bike...cya there

Last edited:

troup1998

Well, I never think I get a great deal, all I ask for is a fair deal. Comparing to other dealers locally, it was good, but the extra fees are ridiculous. And they all seem to do it.

I'll put it on my calendar; Sat Oct 8th in beautiful Mt Dora

troup1998

My first addition, the carrier rack, and back seat. my wife isn't overly happy about the purchase. she wants me in a car. In fun, I posted on her facebook that I bought her a present; a backrest #bestHusbandEver. ....on order is a Cee Bailey windshield
20160917_093241.jpg

randy1149

My first addition, the carrier rack, and back seat. my wife isn't overly happy about the purchase. she wants me in a car. In fun, I posted on her facebook that I bought her a present; a backrest #bestHusbandEver. ....on order is a Cee Bailey windshield
View attachment 404

Well she should be very happy with her new backrest... it's better than a cordless drill!

troup1998

can't wait until this weekend.

side panels came in earlier this week
Cee Bailey 22" windshield w/vent arrived yesterday
saddlebags should arrive tomorrow

...too much work or I would already have installed the windshield.