Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  40
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts

One more thing...

I use my bike for most everyday things, but I also try and find reasons to go for a ride. Lately I've taken up taking pictures of my rides for a couple of reasons. First, when I can no longer ride I will have those pictures of when I could. Secondly, it adds to the fun of riding. Rather than just go up and down roads relying on my memory to remember the ride, I have expanded what I do while riding which makes it even more fun. We all do what we do, just differently. I sometimes get the impression that folks don't care about the pictures I post and that it's not part of owning the CTX, but in reality it has everything to do with it. Of the past trips I've taken on bikes, one of the things I regret most is not having a record of the trip. I know of one other rider that uses his bike to do the same thing that I do (take pictures), and it makes sense because it's often the case that there is nowhere to park a car, but a bike can be parked almost anywhere. The photography part is just another hobby that works well with owning the bike.

On that note, here is one last picture I took yesterday on my ride. I converted it to black and white because I thought it looked better.

Name:  Bike on road 3-1.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  90.9 KB

And just to make it bike related here is another picture of the same thing...

Name:  DSC00191-1.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  98.4 KB

Northern Catskill Mountains, upstate New York
    Great post, Steven. Thanks for "taking us along" for the ride.
    2014 Honda CTX700ND, "Flicker"
    ------------------------------------------------
    [SIZE="1"]Former rides
    Cruisers: Victory Cross Roads, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic, Suzuki Boulevard C50, Suzuki Marauder 800
    Scooters: Suzuki Burgman 650, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Elite 80[/SIZE]

Thanks...

More of the same yesterday except I trusted that the windshield would stay attached, but I was wrong. It blew off at 75 mph and hit me in the head, so no damage except for the fact that it got run over by a gazillion semi's. Ahhh, one of life's little lessons to prove how incompetent I can be at times. Oh well, I'm ready for the next lesson.

I'll leave you with the last photo of the day...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Clarification needed: Your Cee Bailey blew off? That is one of my fears when riding. What was the cause? Need to know.

Steven, sorry about your Cee Bailey blew off... you are NOT incompetent!!!! Your one of the UNLUCKY ones. That windshield is well documented of blowing off. With all due respect to Cee Bailey they should step up to the plate and make everything whole by providing the hardware to fix this problem. I was one of the lucky ones in not purchasing one because of all the complaints.

It appears the added square inches creates added PSI at highway speeds that the mounting hardware can't handle. Have you called Cee Bailey to see what they can/would do? It would help all the other owners what Cee Bailey's position is? IMHO leaving resolution to this issue by all us shade tree engineers is NOT what I consider what Cee Bailey should do! Last I heard it's documented in other forums that Cee Bailey KNOWS about this and is not doing anything.

Your getting really good with that camera!
    Last edited by randy1149; 09-04-2016 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Thanks...

More of the same yesterday except I trusted that the windshield would stay attached, but I was wrong. It blew off at 75 mph and hit me in the head, so no damage except for the fact that it got run over by a gazillion semi's. Ahhh, one of life's little lessons to prove how incompetent I can be at times. Oh well, I'm ready for the next lesson.

I'll leave you with the last photo of the day...
    1st, I like the photos! More please. On the windshield mine (CB) broke when my bike fall over in the garage (long story) and cracked at the same line has where the cover goes over it (side ti side). I installed the stock windshield cut just below the cover line, then added the (fixed) CB over that, (which also changed the angle) glued them together, and used bolts and big washers to hold it on and make it more sable. I also added side wings to the windshield and made extra brackets to hold them and the windshield, it is not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin III View Post
    Clarification needed: Your Cee Bailey blew off? That is one of my fears when riding. What was the cause? Need to know.
    I could be for a number of reasons... Perhaps because I didn't have the plastic fairing on the bike so wind got underneath it or that without the plastic the windshield was more prone to moving around (I did notice this a little during my rides). If you look at the picture you can see where the shield mounts and what stands out to me is that if the shield drops/slides down it just comes loose (design flaw?) (The mounting hardware is gone, of course... It went with the shield) For the record, this is entirely my fault.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Steven; 09-04-2016 at 09:59 AM.

Oh, btw, I'm thinking about getting a new CB screen "without" the vent this time. Any thoughts?

Here's another sunset - same day. close to the same spot.

Name:  Sunset 2-1.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  44.6 KB
    Last edited by Steven; 09-04-2016 at 10:40 AM.

If I were to buy another shield, I think I would like one that is mounted to the handle bars where you can see and check the connections from time to time. I have no idea what is available for the faring model.

Northern Catskill Mountains, upstate New York
    Stories like Steven's, which I keep hearing, make me a smidgen happier I bought the naked model. I have toyed with the idea of trading my N in a few years for a faired model ... but wow!

Glad you're OK, brother!
    2014 Honda CTX700ND, "Flicker"
    ------------------------------------------------
    [SIZE="1"]Former rides
    Cruisers: Victory Cross Roads, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic, Suzuki Boulevard C50, Suzuki Marauder 800
    Scooters: Suzuki Burgman 650, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Elite 80[/SIZE]