Fehling crash bars, shipped to the US

Woodswoman

I'm *very* excited. A member of the CTX owners' group on Facebook shared a link to a company in England that sells the Fehling crash bars, and will ship to the US.

Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00RYLKYKE/ref=pe_385721_148465821_TE_item

After currency conversion and shipping, I'm paying $230 and change. Expect to receive the bars within two weeks.

I'm practically happy-dancing. I've wanted these bars for a long time, but there are no Fehling dealers in the US these days. I even wrote to Fehling and several European distributors, asking if they could sell to me, but never received a single answer.

YAAAY!!!!

Woodswoman

I miss having bars like this over which I can slip soft covers when it's cold and/or rainy. If none of the "bar chaps" I have from prior bikes can be refitted, I'll contact a friend of mine who runs a company that can custom-make me a set.

Tip to anybody ordering: Amazon One-Click will not work from the US. You'll have to step through the purchase and accept the currency conversion rate.

The fellow who posted about this on Facebook said he had to contact his credit card company to get authorization for the international transaction. Not a problem I had with my AmEx card, but I understand why some lenders might be stringent about this.

Merlin III

Definitely on my list as today. I managed to back my fully loaded pickup into my bike. It was a lite hit to the top box, but it managed to knock the bike over. Surprisingly, there was only very minor damage to the bike. An apparent minor scrape mark to the floor board and a very minor scrape mark to the exhaust pipe. The Givi top box that took the hit doesn't have a mark on it. :)

MJC

Super Moderator
I'm *very* excited. A member of the CTX owners' group on Facebook shared a link to a company in England that sells the Fehling crash bars, and will ship to the US.

Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00RYLKYKE/ref=pe_385721_148465821_TE_item

After currency conversion and shipping, I'm paying $230 and change. Expect to receive the bars within two weeks.

I'm practically happy-dancing. I've wanted these bars for a long time, but there are no Fehling dealers in the US these days. I even wrote to Fehling and several European distributors, asking if they could sell to me, but never received a single answer.

YAAAY!!!!

Woodswoman, Did you get these?

Woodswoman

Yes, I did. Have not installed them yet, however.

It'll be interesting to do; the directions are in German (which I speak, a little, but I totally lack a technical vocabulary), with minimal photographs. I'll try to make a how-to here when I settle down to the job.

ofdave

It'll be interesting to do; the directions are in German (which I speak, a little, but I totally lack a technical vocabulary), with minimal photographs. I'll try to make a how-to here when I settle down to the job.

no pressure, but please get on with it
tomorrow is Sat., a day off, so...
we are eagerly awaiting step by step instructions (English preferred but subtitles would be OK)

MJC

Super Moderator

Great, I will wait til you post. Would like to see in person but photos should be ok too. My kid (and her family) are in German right now till 2018 so I asked if she could go to the place and pick me up a set and mail them to me. It was the only way for me to get them, has many will not ship them to USA. Thanks for the info and your help.

BobWitte

I've written them and got a reply that they only fit the naked bikes (apparently no full fairing models go into Germany). But the more I stare at that one picture in the catalog listings, the more I think the fairing won't be in the way. Any chance you could post close ups of the bars so I can try to figure out if they would work?

TIA!

Brunnka_CTX

I was going to wait for the pictures before buying these, but I got impatience and went ahead and ordered them. I got them on Monday and put them on yesterday. They went on easy and I’m pretty pleased with them. I’ve attached some pictures for Bob. I've made ad English version of the instructions with the help of google translate which I could not attach. If you anyone would like a copy, let me know, and I will send it to you.

Attachments

• Fehling_bars-5091.jpg
    Fehling_bars-5091.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 215
  • Fehling_bars-5087.jpg
    Fehling_bars-5087.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 237
  • Fehling_bars-5086.jpg
    Fehling_bars-5086.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 417

randy1149

I don't think this will fit a fairing CTX. The radiator covers are wider and different in form. There's a reason why the Germans are saying the won't fit fairings. A closer look at the front mounting hardware could also raise some questions.

BobWitte

I don't think this will fit a fairing CTX. The radiator covers are wider and different in form. There's a reason why the Germans are saying the won't fit fairings. A closer look at the front mounting hardware could also raise some questions.

Herr Fehling said that they don't have the full fairing models in Germany, that's why they didn't build a set of bars for them. I don't think the mods will be significant, so I'm ordering a set to see for myself. I figure that if I can mod them, I'll just re-sell to a naked rider (hmmm, that didn't come out right!). I've seen enough pictures of the Fehling bars to think they can be adapted. I tried to order them today, but there's a conflict between their shopping cart and PayPal. I'll order them as soon as they get their PayPal links working.

I'll report my findings of course, so stay tuned!

randy1149

Herr Fehling said that they don't have the full fairing models in Germany, that's why they didn't build a set of bars for them. I don't think the mods will be significant, so I'm ordering a set to see for myself. I figure that if I can mod them, I'll just re-sell to a naked rider (hmmm, that didn't come out right!). I've seen enough pictures of the Fehling bars to think they can be adapted. I tried to order them today, but there's a conflict between their shopping cart and PayPal. I'll order them as soon as they get their PayPal links working.

I'll report my findings of course, so stay tuned!

Bob, just from all the photos I can see, all you'll need is a spacer on each mounting bolt to move the crashbars away from the radiator covers and a clamp like piece of hardware to secure the crashbar to the frame tube to prevent the crashbar from bending should the bike fall. Good luck.

BobWitte

Bob, just from all the photos I can see, all you'll need is a spacer on each mounting bolt to move the crashbars away from the radiator covers and a clamp like piece of hardware to secure the crashbar to the frame tube to prevent the crashbar from bending should the bike fall. Good luck.
Thanks for sharing. I'm installing this on a trike, so I'm not worried about the crashbar bending. I'm interested in looks, and a place to mount running lights and maybe highway pegs. The rear mounting points appear to be the same on both bikes and I've got a really good welder who'll do anything else I might need to do as to mounting on the front.

BobWitte

Thanks for sharing. I'm installing this on a trike, so I'm not worried about the crashbar bending. I'm interested in looks, and a place to mount running lights and maybe highway pegs. The rear mounting points appear to be the same on both bikes and I've got a really good welder who'll do anything else I might need to do as to mounting on the front.

At long last the bar set arrived from Germany yesterday. But much to my chagrin, they would require major surgery to be made to fit a fairing model (and as I was warned). But if you don't ask, you don't get.

Beautifully packed, they arrived in perfect condition and were only out of the box they came in long enough for me to confirm they could not be made to fit my CTX. The fit and finish of the construction are perfect and stand proof that the Germans can still produce the best in the world. About 10 minutes later, they were re-loaded in the box and are ready to move on to their new home.

The mfg's website is at: http://www.fehling.de/index.php?content=preise&markenid=6&lang=eng . Then scroll down about a dozen bike listings until you come up on "
For Honda CTX 700 N, (RC68) 2014" and the item in question is "Protection Guard, black"

I have a total of $192 in the purchase what about 142 euros to buy and some 37 euros to ship. I'll let them go for $160 F.O.B. Hudson, FL. If within driving distance, come on over and pick them up, otherwise let me know your ZIP and I'll figure out the FedEx shipping.

So can save yourself some money and eliminate 6 weeks of waiting when purchasing these bars. You won't be disappointed!

Remember, these gorgeous bars will only work on the naked (700N) versions of the CTX!

Last edited:

MJC

Super Moderator
At long last the bar set arrived from Germany yesterday. But much to my chagrin, they would require major surgery to be made to fit a fairing model (and as I was warned). But if you don't ask, you don't get.

Beautifully packed, they arrived in perfect condition and were only out of the box they came in long enough for me to confirm they could not be made to fit my CTX. The fit and finish of the construction are perfect and stand proof that the Germans can still produce the best in the world. About 10 minutes later, they were re-loaded in the box and are ready to move on to their new home.

The mfg's website is at: http://www.fehling.de/index.php?content=preise&markenid=6&lang=eng . Then scroll down about a dozen bike listings until you come up on "
For Honda CTX 700 N, (RC68) 2014" and the item in question is "Protection Guard, black"

I have a total of $192 in the purchase what about 142 euros to buy and some 37 euros to ship. I'll let them go for $160 F.O.B. Hudson, FL. If within driving distance, come on over and pick them up, otherwise let me know your ZIP and I'll figure out the FedEx shipping.

So can save yourself some money and eliminate 6 weeks of waiting when purchasing these bars. You won't be disappointed!

Remember, these gorgeous bars will only work on the naked (700N) versions of the CTX!

Bobwhite, If you will send them to NY, I will take them. Just let me know your paypal and total amount shipped to 12533.

MJC

Super Moderator
If I saw a set installed on a DCT ABS with fairing...I would buy a set

if Bob sells me these, you will. I have been working on making a set for the faring model. The basic tubing I need would cost me more (because of the min amount and shipping) then what Bob is willing to sell these to me. My plan is to use this set has a model, cut/add whatever to make them fit. After that I will order the materials to make a few sets to sell. Or maybe I will be able to make and sell just the parts needed to use them.

If I do come up with a set I think I will offer them 1st to Bob, if he is interested.