New side cases

Steven

I apologize that this looks like Devilfans post, but I am following in his footsteps. I liked his bags so I got some too. I'm waiting of a bracket to install them, but so far I like the way they look. I was somewhat afraid they would be too big, but after looking at them next to the bike they seem just right. The leather matched the flat black of the seat and the paint of the bike. Here's some pictures...

IMG_6557 (Copy).jpgIMG_6558 (Copy).jpgIMG_6559 (Copy).jpgIMG_6560 (Copy).jpgIMG_6562 (Copy).jpg

Last edited:

Steven

Here's a couple more pictures... The bags seem smaller than the pictures make them look but I wanted top loading so they're perfect.

IMG_6563 (Copy).jpgIMG_6564 (Copy).jpg

Steven

BTW, I also got some Admore lights for the trunk. They are installed in the truck, but I still need to run the wires to the bike. It's been really too humid here lately to work outside. When it cools a bit I'm going to get the cartridge emulators installed and do my valves and air filter while I have the bike apart.

ofdave

they look good!
not too big and top loading makes more sense to me than opening the side and then picking all the stuff up off the ground
what brackets will you use? from the other place?

Steven

Yep, from the "other" place. You do what you gotta do.

These seem very well made and the inside is covered with a softer material that prevent things from rattling around. The lids seems a little loose, but a little weather stripping will fix that and oddly, the keys are different for each case. The lids also seem very heavy so I'm guessing that they will stay shut without having to lock them. Once I get them installed, I can carry more "stuff" :)

This is the first bike I've had with luggage and now I can't live without it. The top box is a 55 liter and I can go to the grocery store, fill a hand basket over the top and grab a gallon of milk and it all fits.

ofdave

I don't like key rings with more than one key.
So. I have the bike key on a ring and in my pocket when off the bike.
My saddlebag key is on its own ring in the cubby so it is handy when I need it.
Given that you have 2 bags keys, unless you like a pocketful, you could try that.
Plus a spare bike and bag key zip-tied where only I know it is-when I remember.

randy1149

Steven, to hold the saddle on are you going to bolt the stool to the side of bike so it goes along with you?

Sorry I couldn't resist

Last edited:

randy1149

That sounds like something I'd say. LOL

No I don't think so my friend. That the pix of me thinking up the post :p

The bags are very nice, but the 2 different keys? Who makes the bags, is there numbers on the keys/tumblers so you can get an extra tumbler from the manufacturer so you only need 1 key. Or make up another set of keys just for the bags with knobs on keys for them and leave them in the bags for normal everyday rides and remove when security is needed. Handy especially when the bag keys are on the bikes key, you don't have to turn the bike off to open a bag. You'll need to blanks, Homedept cuts keys free if you bring the blanks. Here's how to do it but it's the Honda CTX key. Maybe or not work depending the type of keys they are. http://www.ctx700-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295

Last edited:

Steven

Picture of you??? :confused:

They are Viking bags and seem very well made. They are padded inside so things don't rattle. Devilsfan laid one of his bikes over with a set of these bags and they got scraped up, but they remained intact and usable. He says they saved his motor, but you'll have to ask him if you want to know more. I don't want to step on his territory too much.

I know... 2 different keys doesn't make any sense. I was going to the local locksmith and see what he can do about that. I like the knob idea. The lids on these are very heavy and something to grab onto would be nice. BTW, I doubt that the wind could ever open these if left unlocked. A spare key for the gas tank would be alright too, especially on a long trip where I would be filling up often.

randy1149

Yeah the pix wasn't a good idea to support the "humor" so I took it off. The bags really support the lines of bike, maybe Viking can provide you with 2 tumblers with the same key. Handle bars maybe difficult.

I keep the key with the knob in the gas cap all the time. The saddle bags only if I'll be in an out often with no security issues.