Hello from Melbourne, Florida

burdicda

Cannot remember if I posted here but here goes...
Riding over 50yrs...just got back into riding daily 7yrs ago..Had a restored 88 Goldwing and traded it in against CTX700D
still have 2003 Suzuki Intruder 1400 the chopper looking one. President of a friendly motorcycle club active duty military guys mostly...even though I'm retired. http://www.greenknights36.com at Patrick Air Force Base just below Kennedy Space Center. I do alot of leading rides for young military to Daytona on bikeweek and biketoberfest who've never been there...Spent alot of time searching out great backroad rides (paved). Love to chat it up and share experiences especially technical details of particular bikes. Feel free to contact me 321-543-4188 voice or text. I am very excited about my CTX700D just got it for my birthday Tuesday (2 days ago) got up around 190 miles on it...been raining lately.
I'm looking forward to picking all your brains on which windshield, which saddlebags, center stand, all the stuff everyone wants to know and goes looking for after buying a CTX700 with no accessories on it yet..

Danny W. Burdick
burdicda

fergy

Welcome Danny! New here too. Hoping the forum keeps building and that happens the more folks are on it!

ofdave

good to have you here, Danny!
before you go all crazy trying to empty your wallet getting stuff for your bike, put another 3-400 miles on it.
Get to know it and form experience based opinions on what you need/want to do to it.
Then when you buy something you're likely to use it instead of making room in the garage cupboard because you really didn't need it.
A center stand is the one thing you should get right away.

burdicda

Just bought the carrier/backrest/bracket set today...gotta be able to haul a bag on back with my stuff...that glove box is ridiculous...
Next some electric power ......