Gear indicator installation

Onefour

Hey, Forum Members. I just got my first CTX700 (E, I guess, although I thought it was an N). 2014. I am in the process of installing a GIpro pursuant to some of the recommendations on this forum. My bike doesn't look like Jimmy's pictures. I have separated what I think is the correct red connector from the tab. However, I'm not sure it is the correct connector. I also can't see how to open it for insertion of the connector on the end of the GIpro. Can someone guide me? Photos attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0556.jpg
    IMG_0556.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0560.jpg
    IMG_0560.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 101

ofdave

you have the right connection
the cover needs to be removed from the connector, it can be a PITA and needs 12 fingers.
look closely at the cover and depress the little tabs so it slips off- be sure all the pins line up when you connect the cable to the connector- take your time and get familiar with it all before you hook it up
I hope you have a centerstand to put the bike on to run through the gears after you get the indicator plugged in.
If not, run the wires and mount the LED gauge and wait to plug it in till you get to some clear road where you can make the connection and the run up through the gears. That part is important.
Keep us posted.
Oh, and WELCOME!, this is your first post so hang around

randy1149

A small screwdriver or something small and pointed will help by pushing down on the little tabs while at the same time pulling the connector off. ofdave is correct it is a PITA. Let us know how your doing.