I washed my bike...

randy1149

... after 13 months. Yup the first time I'm washing the CTX. Ain't all the black great. I used the opportunity to try S100 products. I used the S100 Total Cleaner and S100 Wheel Cleaner. The Total Cleaner did a good job, sprayed on, waited a few minutes and sprayed off in jet mode as recommend in their web site. There was no residual dirt... impressed. The Wheel Cleaner didn't do as good a job. I let it stay on the wheels for 10 minutes and then jet sprayed off, some brake pad residual was still on the rim. Their web site says you can leave it on for a long time if you don't get a satisfied results. Next time I'll leave it on for a longer time and post the results. I have to say I'm happy with the Total Cleaner, it's nice being able to get into nooks and crannies you can't get a brush into. Total time was 20 minutes, no buckets, washing solutions or brushes needed... a brush probably would have made the wheels come out better.

ofdave

'bout darn time!
S100 makes good stuff-have used it over the years but not in a long while.
Did you notice how much better they ride when clean?
faster, better mileage,-right?

randy1149

Yup, the cleaner the faster, you noticed that too. :)

I've never used S100 it was given to me by the dealer for my birthday, a gesture he does for the first year after purchasing a new bike. The S100 along with a $25 coupon.

Steven

Huh?, you're supposed to wash your bike? It doesn't mention that in the manual... Seriously I don't wash my bike enough. I ride it every day and don't have time to waste on such silliness. What works for me is to have a bucket of soapy water sitting in the garage and ever so often I wash the bugs off. That keeps it looking clean (if you don't look too closely). I would hate to own a chromed out Harley, 10% ride time, 90% cleaning time. I made a big mistake one winter, I was out riding in 15 degree temps and took the bike out for a wash, BIG MISTAKE! Don't do it!