why a CTX?

ofdave

So you got one.
Why not something else? something faster, taller, chromier, ?
I got mine because it fits me and my riding choices. It is dependable, starts every time, gets great mileage and has no list of things waiting to break, like so many other bikes. It's easy to service and it looks darn good!
At 70, my previous V-strom 1000 was too top heavy, both on the street and in the garage.
It was quick and I developed a bad habit of going a hundred on every single ride-not for long but I had to do it. Not smart
I spend my seat time on country roads and 2 lane state highways where 65-70 is max to stay out of the way and on most of the rural roads 50-60 is good. I can seen the wildlife (lots of hawks this year and a few eagles), smell the cut grass, horse poop and for a little while-orange blossoms. I stop sometimes along creeks and small rivers to look for gators-see one almost every ride. We don't have the mountain views like many places but we have nothing views-hundreds and hundreds of acres of pasture orange groves and field crops (tomatoes, beans, watermelon, etc.). We don't have mountains or big hills even, but sometimes if you look off in the distance and the light is right you can pretend a treeline is a ridge.
I like to see it all. Getting out of town is done on a choice of two roads to get far enough east to have other choices. it's kind of fun to ride by the same places and watch what changes in peoples yards, new car/truck, maybe a tractor-a new swingset? must be a growing kid. So while it seems the same it is always changing. Then going on roads not ridden before- it's just fun to look at what you're going past.
So my CTX was a great choice for me.

Last edited:

Steven

I got one because it was easy to ride, comfortable, and handled very well in town, yet capable enough to go on a long trip. In my younger days it was all about acceleration, but after doing that for years I realized that once you got used to it, it was no big deal and wasn't exciting enough. I also realized that these quick bikes were more cumbersome to ride in town and didn't flict as well as smaller bikes. As I got older I realized that riding for me was less about the bike and more about the scenery. Another thing about the CTX is that I don't ever feel like I'm in competition with anyone else, so I go on my merry way not caring what other people do.

The CTX isn't perfect, no bike is, but it's all about trade offs.